1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Most deserving player not in HOF

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Sep 20, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

So you throw out a name, provide no evidence to support him, and I'm supposed to do the research? If he's your guy for the Hall of Fame, why can't you provide the evidence to support him?

#21 ccrobinson, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Are you talking about the P from 78-02 who has a win pct of .431?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/morgami01.shtml

You're not serious, right? I know we're taking it on the chin on ole Rocky Top, so I'm hoping you're speaking out of pain for the football team and feverish anticipation of the hoops season where we shall dominate any and all who come in our path :thumbs:

3. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I was only joking. I thought most baseball fans were familiar with Morgan because he pitched forever, for almost every team in the big leagues. He went 141-186 in his career. He pitched for 12 different clubs. I was just acting a fool. Sorry. =)

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

And I was in return. No worries, friend. Our friend CCRob may be upset there was no NASCAR on today :thumbs:

After all, if Morgan were a Detroit Tiger, Andy would've already argued for his induction. :laugh:

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Wasn't Nascar, it was the Bears finding a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :BangHead:

A squib kick on that last kickoff, Bears? Really?? What made you think that was a good idea? :BangHead:

Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday afternoon after that. There isn't much that's more frustrating than being a Bears fan.

:tonofbricks:

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yes there is. You're talking to a Reds and Bengals fan who also bleeds orange :tonofbricks:

I didn't want to bring up the Bears. I honestly have no idea why you'd short squib in that situation. It's not like the Falcons had Devin Hester back there. Norwood's good but he's not that good.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Well, Norwood had a big return earlier in the game, and I guess that was what the Bears were scared of, but since Norwood isn't Hester, I like my chances of him not running another one back. Then, after the squib kick, the "vaunted" Bears D allowed the deep out to the sideline, which is the one exact play that the Falcons needed to have. This is now 3 games that the Bears have squandered because of their defense. If the Iggles were a better running team, it would be 4 games.

:BangHead:

At least I can take comfort knowing that the Bears aren't the helpless and hopeless Detroit Liedowns.

Anyway, sorry I hijacked the thread. Maybe I can start a new thread where can cry in our root beer over how our teams are bad. Or maybe start one about how much I hate fantasy football.

#27 ccrobinson, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008