1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Most evil person(s) in the Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jan 28, 2014.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I bet his wife gave him an ear full or two with every child she bore! "He had seven sons and three daughters."

Can you imagine a greater punishment for her suggestion to Job?

:)

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.
    I fully agree. As I said in my post:Adam was the Federal Head. But as believers in Christ He is our Federal Head.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam sinned, he knowingly did what God told him not to do. I think we all are as evil as Adam. And our sins may have consequences beyond tarnishing our testimony, unbeknownst to us.

Getting back to Paul, the closer we get to Christ, the more we see our shortcomings as more than horrid. Thus each of us should consider ourselves more evil, because we know our hearts, than anyone else. The old "I'm not as bad as Herod, or Cain, Judas" reflects an unrepentant heart.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you also include: Hitler, Pol Pot, Bin Laden, ...?

Not to focus on you, but to present to the folks that read the BB that often it is easy to equate us with the folks of ancient history, but when taken as peers, then one tends to become defensive.

More often it might be heard, "I'm not like that .... person."

Van, you are very correct.

Evil is and permeates throughout and within every person.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Agedman,

I was just reading the Luke 18:9-14 parable concerning our standing before God. The unrepentant guy actually prays "...thank God I am not like other people...." Good Golly Miss Molly