1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Movies

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by gekko, Jan 11, 2007.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

ok. didn't know where to put this thread.

what is your favorite movie? why?
    what is your least favorite movie? why?
    what is the latest movie you've watched?

i'll start.

1) Remember the Titans -- story and acting are very intriguing
    2) 28 days later -- european horror flick turned into a flower child. imho. worst ever.
    3) 8mile - love the story.
    also -- The Wicker Man... wow. what a movie that was... insane. but good.

God bless!

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Shawshank Redemption - Excellent story. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are fantastic. Along with it being about Andy Dufresne crawlgin through a river of stuff to get out, but it's also about Ellis Redding learning what hope is.

Red: I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

The Wizard of Oz. I simply don't like it and I don't have a good reason why.

The Towering Inferno last Monday. Newman and McQueen are excellent. Within the story, I've always liked how Doug took responsibility for his own failings.

Doug Roberts (the end of his scene with Duncan): Hoo-boy, where was I when all this was going on? Because I'm just as guilty as you and that son-in-law of yours. What do you call it when you kill people?

3. PeterM

PeterM Member

Favorite Movie: Man on Fire. Probably one of best redemption stories out there.

Least Favorite Movie: Streetcar Named Desire. STELLA! STELLA!

Movie Last Viewed: Star Trek III

4. Brice

Brice New Member

Favorite - This one is tough. I would say, The Patriot. I love colonial history and that was the setting.

Least Favorite - Hands down, Divine Secrets of The YaYa Sisterhood (please don't ask how I ended up watching this movie :tonofbricks: )

Last Movie - Finding Neverland. I thought this was a great movie.

5. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Favorite - The Robe

Least Favorite - Grease

Just Watched About 10 Minutes Ago - Flushed Away (cute, But Not The Best. Some Adult Inuendo In It.