1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moving any mountains lately?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, May 7, 2010.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

:eek:

HP: Have we just landed on the one thing that can separate one from Christ????? (evidently disagreement with the position of OSAS or obedience to the laws of God) Amy, what ever happened to OSAS???
    Can ANYTHING, ANYTHING at all separate one from Christ????:eek:

I believe Amy has clearly questioned the salvation of BR, and in that case I flagged her post as a violation of the rules of this forum. Some need to learn how to direct their opinions in a manner not directly personally to others invited to participate in a forum for “Other Denominations.”:thumbs:

#41 Heavenly Pilgrim, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Let’s see. You can fail to love God, you can have other gods before you, you could have other graven images before you, you could bow down and serve them, you could take the Lord’s name in vain, you could forget the Sabbath day and fail to keep it holy, you can dishonor your parents, you can commit murder, commit adultery or fornication, steal, bear false witness, and covet thy neighbors spouse,……..........……but if you ever think of believing 'obedience to God’s law' is necessary for salvation, you have just separated yourself from the grace of God!!!

Ummm! Ummmm! Ummmmm!

#42 Heavenly Pilgrim, May 16, 2010
  3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You question EVERYONES salvation by you very doctrine. Hypocrisy 101! You flagged Amy's post because she didn't line up with your thinking . I say you need to meditate on John 13:35 and ask Amy for forgivness.....or will PRIDE get the better of ya?

#43 Jedi Knight, May 16, 2010
  4. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Pardon me? That is a flat out dishonest and untrue fabrication. Where have I ever questioned another’s salvation personally??? I believe the Scriptural admonition that each one of us should examine ourselves to see IF we are of the faith, but that is to be done individually concerning ourselves, not something for any one of us to do on the behalf of another.

5. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Now your really being dishonest. You "feel" nobody can know for sure,but try to rebuke a sister in Christ. Whatever!

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Yet another dishonest post….. but what’s new? Certainly one can know that they are right with God and know that if they remain faithful to Him until the end in obedience they will inherit eternal life….by faith, not absolute knowledge. There is a vast difference between ‘salvation and assurance by faith’ and OSAS assuming absolute knowledge in what yet is to occur in the future.

7. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You see how your now calling people dishonest? I used it like you did to show..........your not being very edifying towards other christians on here. Hummm...should I flag you? Nah!

#47 Jedi Knight, May 16, 2010
  8. Heavenly Pilgrim

JK, if you believe I deserve it, by all means, flag it. :thumbs:

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amy is correct. Paul warned the Galatians that if they were believing that the law must be part of grace as a means of salvation then they were severed from Christ. Or in other words have not received the truth of grace. They had two choices after hearing Paul's rebuke. Either abandon the preaching of the law as having any merit or part in grace for salvation or be exposed as never having been born again/severed from Christ.

10. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I won't.......but some cannot refrain. You should say your sorry to the sister.

#50 Jedi Knight, May 16, 2010
  11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The key word in your post is "salvation". Obedience to the law WILL NOT HAVE ANY PART IN SALVATION.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I most certainly did NOT question Bob's salvation. Let me rephrase my post to him.

Is that better?

The point is that this passage is not even remotely speaking of one who is already saved. It is speaking to those who are trying to earn their way to heaven through works. Anyone who depends on themselves through works for salvation has rejected (cut himself off) the grace of God.

I too believe you are a troll. You do nothing but stir up trouble and have little else to offer.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Yes in eliminating the manner in which your first remarks could be seen as directly questioning his salvation. It still is confusing though because you are not addressing the manner in which believers are justified by works as the Apostle James clearly points out. Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Are not works that justify (in the sense James uses the word) works in direct obedience or in accordance to the principles God’s law expresses?

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can you show were James states Abraham or Rahab was justified by works of the law?

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP:’Works of the law’ is simply another way of saying ‘works in agreement with or in accordance to the principles contained in the law,’ would you not agree?

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think so. Can you tell me what work of the law James was refering to that he said Abraham did? Or Rahab?

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP:
    Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I can only tell you what the Scriptures say. If that is not specific enough for your mind, I hope you will have the opportunity to ask God in person for further clarification.

18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: That is absolutely true in light of the grounds of salvation of which it speaks. That passage by no means eliminates the clearly stated conditions man must comply with in order to be saved, that are always thought of in the sense of 'not without which' not 'that for the sake of.'

20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Tell that to the thief on the cross.