1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moving: Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Bobby Hamilton, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

In 2007 my wife and I moved up to live with my father in law after my wife's mom passed away. We were there 20 months and our home never sold, so we eventually moved back.

Recently I've been presented with a great opportunity that involves moving back up there and taking over my own business. My housing up there this time is all taken care of.

Please pray that I'm able to sell my house here in Indy. I've put a lot of work into it over the last 18 months and I will be asking a really good price for the home. My wife is wanting to change her work schedule and go down to part time, which will be easily doable if our house can sell. So please pray that my house quickly sells. We hope to have it ready to be listed in early June.

Also: I have a rental house (that I'd love to sell) that is empty right now. In the past I've not had any issues getting it rented out, so maybe say a prayer I find a good person to move into that house. I'm hoping that someday I can get that house sold too, but that neighborhood was hit pretty good with tornado's here a few years ago and it has never been the same. I'd really love to get someone in it this month, but by May 1st for sure.

thanks guys and gals

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Nothing is impossible! God's timing is not always our timing. God loves for us to share our desires and to let His will be done! Yes, I will be praying that you will be able to sell/rent your houses!

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying it all works out.

4. Bobby Hamilton

Thanks guys. Showed my rental house to a gal yesterday who is on Section 8 (government assistance). Looks promising. I had a Section 8 tenant once before and it was great.

Hopefully it works out. Just have to verify a few things. Spoke to her former landlord and he had nothing but good things to say about her. Only reason she's moving is because he had to move back into the house.

So keep praying, and keep praying that things go smooth on the house I'm trying to sell.

Thanks!

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You continue to be in my prayers.

6. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

Will definitely pray for your situation that it all works out for the best.

7. Bobby Hamilton

Update: I found a tenant for my rental, now I'm waiting on Section 8 to get their rear end in gear and get my inspection done. Please pray it happens soon. I was approved 10 days ago, but they are dragging behind (I honestly think they don't want to pay any rent for April), but I have informed them that if they aren't out there by May 1st I will have to force her to find another place. I can't give up free rent :(

But I think that will work out, so Praise God.

8. Bobby Hamilton

Update: So far, things have gone relatively smooth.

We load the U-Haul Saturday and tomorrow is my last day at my current job. I start my new job June 13th.

Thanks for your prayers, and pray that everything goes well the next 2-3 weeks.

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

It is wonderful how the Lord is answering your prayers!
    Yes, we will continue to pray and may you have safety in your travels too!

10. Bobby Hamilton

Well, we are moved. Not all unpacked, but moved. Finishing up at the old house this weekend then getting it on the market. PLEASE PRAY THAT IT GETS SOLD!

THanks!