1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 Email

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gershom, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Anyone using it? [​IMG]

2. Dale

Dale New Member

No, but I use Firefox some and I really like it.
    I use Netscape Mail and Microsoft Entourage mostly for email due to compatibility. all of my accounts really need one of those programs.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Yes, It doesn't seem any different from 0.8

Dale,
    If you use Netscape mail, Thunderbird will be pretty much the same, even as far as compatibility. Netscape email and browser (7 and above) are based on the mozilla browswer which is the foundation for firefox and thunderbird.

I use both thunderbird and the mozilla mail client, as well as evolution, which I don't like very much, thunderbird doesn't have all the eye candy, but is a much more useable browser.

4. Dale

Dale New Member

I downloaded it and it looked like a good browser but unfortuantely, it doesn't work with Netscape Webmail accounts or with AOL accounts. as far as I could tell anyway.

5. superdave

superdave New Member

Ok, Those are both very proprietary. I only use email that uses imap or pop, it works great for those.

As long as you don't use Look Out Express you should be OK.

6. Dale

Dale New Member

I am wanting to change email soon because I am tired of how propretary they are. At least with AOL you now have 4 options but with Netscape you only have two. I will probably get a .Mac address soon with I believe is IMAP and I can use OS X Mail, which is a great program.

Apple Safari is basically just a polished version of Firefox (at least at the UI level) and I think Mail probably has a lot in common with Thunderbird but I may be wrong.