1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr. Bush, said Mr. Geldof, "has done more than any other president so far."

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"Mr. Geldof is an Irish rock and roll singer and longtime social activist who has helped, along with U2 rocker Bono, raise awareness about need in Africa. His most well known achievement is organizing the Live Aid concert in 1985, which raised money for debt relief for poor African countries.

But Mr. Geldof has remained closely engaged with African affairs since then, and he spoke off the cuff to reporters today who were waiting for a press conference with Mr. Bush and Rwandan President Paul Kagame.

Mr. Geldof praised Mr. Bush for his work in delivering billions to fight disease and poverty in Africa, and blasted the U.S. press for ignoring the achievement."

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2008/02/bob_geldof_in_rwanda.html

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, this is an area where liberals should be praising President Bush.

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

"Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete poured praise on Bush in Dar es Salaam on Sunday, the second day of his five-nation African tour, each compliment applauded warmly by members of the east African country's cabinet.

Although around 2,000 Muslim demonstrators protested against Bush on the eve of his visit, many thousands more cheering, waving people lined his road from the airport on Saturday.

Banners across the route, decorated with Bush's image against a backdrop of Tanzania's Mt. Kilimanjaro, read: "We cherish democracy. Karibu (welcome) to President and Mrs Bush."

Others read: "Thank you for helping fight malaria and HIV." Dancers at the airport and at Kikwete's state house to greet Bush on Sunday, wore skirts and shirts decorated with his face."

LINK

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Impossible!

Republicans are racists. Everyone knows that.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Would you praise your man Obama for it? :smilewinkgrin:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It depends upon how my re-examination of libertarianism turns out. :smilewinkgrin:

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I find this really funny.

The Irish media hate Republicans in general and Bush specifically. They love Bob Geldof (of course). I have not read every paper or listened to every broadcast, but have not heard about this here :)

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Wow...your Obama infatuation is really drilling your entire philosophy, huh? :laugh:

I believe no one is truly liberterian. There are modifications here and there. For instance, some of my liberterian friends jumped up and down when Tennessee banned smoking in all state restaurants. But according to the tenth, do they not have the right to do this? They say no.

Oh well....I'm going to bed. This would be a good convo topic IMHO.