1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr. Obama You are NO Abraham Lincoln!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Jan 19, 2009.

?
  1. Give it up Obama!

70.4%
  2. I see some similarity

25.9%
  3. Sure, everything about him reminds me of Abraham Lincoln

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Abraham Lincoln was a Democrat

3.7%
  1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Anyone else sickened by the fact that Obama keeps trying to paint himself as one of our greatest Presidents?

Obama can spend his entire life and will yet be a tenth of the man Abraham Lincoln was for our country.

How dare he use Abraham Lincoln’s Bible… The audacity of this pompous man makes me sick. Abraham Lincoln... the father of the Republican Party must be turning over in his grave!

#1 Enoch, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't want Barack Obama to be Lincoln, or Reagan, or any other president. I want him to be Barack Obama and to do so well that the right-wingers spend the next 8 years crying in their beer if they can't put the good of the country ahead of their dumb ideology.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

How inappropriate...

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? Calling right-wing ideology dumb? How appropriate. :thumbs:

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Ken, what an appropriate comment from you...:rolleyes:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I kind of agree, not about the bible cuz I don't see what difference that makes, but Lincoln is known as the great emancipator yet in his first inauguration address he specifically said he didn't want to see slavery end. I believe God had a hand in freeing the slaves and Lincoln just so happen to be at the wheel.

All of these leaders are men and the glory should go to God. I agree with Ken, Obama should focus on being Obama and trust the Lord to guide him on his watch.

Similarities... They both give a good speech...

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I doubt that anyone who put the good of the country first voted for this pro baby murderer as president.

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can the guy be compared to any President? He hasn't done a thing in his life yet.... Almost no governmental experience.... The least equipped President in our history....

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C'mon Dude...

Lincoln's Bible is better than the Koran....:laugh:

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Neither did they vote for one who extols the abomination of sodomy.

11. billreber

billreber New Member

What can you expect from a man who is totally about appearance, with no substance? Everything he and the news media have done is to make him LOOK good. The use of Lincoln's Bible to take the oath (IMHO) is just another gimmick to make him look like he is doing something "right".

While I have never liked the positions President Obama has taken during his campaign, he IS our new President. I will be praying for him daily, trusting God to do what is necessary. After all, as Christians, GOD is our Lord, not Mr. Obama. No matter how much he and/or others might THINK he is the Messiah!

Bill :godisgood:

12. Enoch

Enoch New Member

It really goes to show what little substance Obama has as a leader that they have to generate this Lincoln persona.

13. billwald

billwald New Member

Abraham Lincoln was no Lincoln. He despised the Declaration of Independence and killed more Americans than King George lll, Hitler, and Tojo, combined.

14. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really? This is what you have to say about Abe Lincoln? What evidence do you have? this is what I have

the number agreed on for deaths during the Civil war is 620,000

the range of deaths during WWII is between 50 million to 70 million Specifically the US lost 418,500.

The revolutionary war we lost 50,000 americans.

WW I we lost 320,518 the entire war.

so lets do the math

All wars listed (not all of them) we find that combined we lost 789,018 americans (So not as much huh?). Now add that to the millions lost in WWI and II. There is no comparison. The american Civil war was the bloodiest military campaign in american history but I don't Blame Abe for that. I blame James Buchanan and Jefferson Davis and the Southern Confederate States that seceeded from the Union.

15. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

spoken like a true yankee !

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And it was a bloody hand that turned it. Abraham Lincoln did more harm to this nation than many realize. States rights have never been the same sense and the almighty Federal Govt continues to grow bigger. It is now in the bloody hand of a baby killer. If our current President has a change of heart and abolishes abortion I will climb a telephone pole in DC and shout to the heavens that he was the greatest ever. However, do not expect me to hold my breath until that happens.

God judged this nation for the sin of slavery and He will do it again for this horrible sin of abortion.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't understand, how or when did God judge the nation because of the sin of slavery?

18. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The American Civil War killed more Americans than all of America's wars in sum. The Military statistics aside, you must factor in the deaths of civilians as well. At best you will get an estimate that will come closer to one million American deaths from this one war. :tear:
    LeBuick; we know.:smilewinkgrin:

#18 Palatka51, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that Obama invokes Lincoln and FDR more than any other past presidents.

Lincoln and FDR were responsible for more violations of the constitutional rights of Americans than any other presidents.

Hmmm....

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As he most likely will be.