1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr. President....the future of American babies is in your hands!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 7, 2009.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama can show me, and the world, that he is not a "baby-killer" by vetoing any health care bill with government paid abortion as part of the health care benefit package. To not veto government paid abortion is paramount, and amounts to "mass murder!"

For Obama to not veto this benefit would make him the first POTUS to allocate our tax dollars to "kill babies!"

I submit that Obama, the Dem's, and the Repub's make a moral stand in the name of saving the life of every living fetus to be born in America. To vote for a health care bill that allows for paid abortions indicts every elected politician as a baby-killer. And, because the "buck stop here {with the POTUS}", Obama will make history as the first POTUS to sign an order to "kill millions of babies" before they get a chance to enter this world.:tear:

Mr. President....the future of millions of American babies is in your hands! Do the right thing!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:
    Remove the Haze Ministries

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Obama agrees with you that this health bill should not be about funding abortion.

It sounds like he will do whatever he can to remove language in the health bill that has been amended to the original that tries to turn the bill into a debate about abortion funding or restriction of abortion. The original bill was trying to keep abortion completely out of the bill but pro-life democrat Bart Stupak added an amendment that I think essentially hijacks the bill to make it about abortion.

I agree with his principle of wanting to restricting abortions. I disagree with his method of trying to turn a health care bill into a debate about abortion.

3. targus

targus New Member

The problem with your analysis is that the original bill included funds for abortion.

That is why Stupak offered the amendment.

So he could get pro-life Democrats to sign on.

Without the Stupak amendment the bill would stalled where it was.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Would you care to show me where in the original bill? I would be willing to admit I am wrong if you show me instead of of just telling me.

Here is the website. Link

#4 Gold Dragon, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

If the final bill allows for federal funding of abortion, the bill should be opposed. Even with as much good as health care reform will do, it is far outweighed by the unmitigated evil of elective abortion. This is something that I am not willing to compromise on.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know that it specifically included funding for abortion. I believe Stupak was trying to close any loophole doors so it could not later be interpreted to be used for abortion. And if the demcoms are crying about it then you can know that was their intent.