1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mrs. Rick Warren Preaching at Crystal Cathedral

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerome, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have they rebuked his heritical teachings though, and not carried the self esteem Gospel message forward still?

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Eph. 5:19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.[/B]

Is my wife not a church member along with me? We are called to submit to one another.

BTW, Literal translation of v. 21-21:

"21 being submissive to one another in the fear of Christ, 22 the wives to their own husbands as to the lord."

The word "SUBMIT" isn't even in verse 22!

#42 12strings, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So how does that practically work? Does that mean I can tell my husband what to do and he can tell me what to do? That Joe Blow in church can tell me what to do and I must submit? Does that mean that a wife only submits to her husband as much as he submits to her? I'd like to know the practical application of this.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Submit to each others in the sense of family! being accountibility to keep each other walking as we should in Lord, being willing to forgive/confront each other!

Wives ONLY submit in the sense of biblical headship to the lord jesus and then to their husbands!

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I don't know exactly how it works, I'm just making sure we are clear with what it actually says.

I'm guessing you already have an application of this you go by. Obviously in many churches, it doesn't work, because people are always fighting each other. I take this to mean much the same thing as "consider the interests of others more important than your own." (paraphrase).

Even strong headship proponents usually don't mean that the husband gets to order the wife around.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I think not.

7. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Appears to be notta lotta likin' goin' on.

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they fired him from the board and then fired his daughter - sounds kind of "rebukey".

Really would it matter who was preaching for them, you're going to find a reason not to like them, so what does it matter really?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOT if they have decided to actually preach the REAL gospel, and real doctrines of the bible!

will fully commend them IF they have done that!