1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Much Ado About Nothing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Dec 10, 2013.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm retired but work a part-time job. I have an opportunity to "give a ride home" to a co-worker on occasion who asked me last night if I would mind stopping by the grocery store for a minute. Yep, no problem. Well, it seems as though she and her mother were out of food. She comes out of the store with a small bag of something to eat. So, I stopped by our local Smithfields and ordered two helpings of Brunswick stew. Six bucks. No problem. She was beside herself with this gesture.

As most of you all know, I ain't no Yale Graduate and far from being a preacher. However, some of the topics, discussions, issues, arguments, insults, positions, and general much ado about nothing posted on this forum seem to be so unproductive when it comes to our Christian nature.

Obviously, if you're reading this you have been blessed with the ways and means to own an expensive computer and pay the electric bill so as to run said computer. If you're like me..., you've probably got carpet under your feet and a cup of coffee to the right of your computer.

Needless to say, we can't feed the world but what are you doing for those who are trying, and otherwise don't have enough food to eat or, otherwise in need of other staples? It should make no difference if you lean toward Calvinism or non-Calvinism..., what are you doing to help those who eat boxed macaroni and cheese chased with a loaf of bread? Those right in your own neighborhood.

Especially at this time of year.

#1 HAMel, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Well said! Also, necessarily said.

#2 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't say it was nothing. No one was burned at the stake for feeding the poor.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

So true, my friend!!!

5. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

What you did was a good thing but now that you have put everyone else down and lifted yourself up, you have your reward.

6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you did was a good thing but now that you have put everyone else down and lifted yourself up, you have your reward.

salzer mtn, that's amazing. An absolutely amazing thing to say.
    ...your conscience, I suppose?

Well..., back to the fight.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "fight" are you referencing?

8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "fight" are you referencing?

None. No fight. No fight at all.

I just had an after thought about the comment provided by salzer mtn though.

I wonder if he should listen to some preacher and get his toes stepped on if he'd accuse the preacher of putting everyone else down and lifting himself up?

...and you ask, what fight? ...give me a break.

It does appear that Satan is alive and well on Planet Earth, for sure.
    (Hey, that would be the perfect title for a book, huh?)