1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Murph saw the passion finally!!!!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by C.S. Murphy, Apr 8, 2004.

1. At His Feet

At His Feet New Member

Keep up the great contending!!! it is wonderful to see people on this board standing for truth.

2. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

With all the fun some are having at the expense of others apparently nobody noticed my request from a couple of pages back.

Some here are questioning my discernment and that is fine but I want the silly junk to stop.

Friends there have been several examples of this here and I want it stopped now!!!
    Murph

3. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

A better question my friend is do you not believe Romans 8:28 for it seems by your denial of it's application here that you do. Can you deny that many believers have viewed this film, that many have prayed that God would use this film to catch the attention of lost friends and neighbors, that God is still seeking to save those who are lost. If you accept these facts then you must accept that God can and indeed does work all things for good. Concerning your theory that good cannot come from evil I think you should look in the mirror and read Eph 2:1 and you hath He quickened who were dead in trespasses and sin. Did you start out good? Is anything too hard for God.
    Murph

4. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I did not see Jesus cowering at satan's feet and I don't think you did either if you will be totally honest. You can view this as drawing strength from mary if you like, the reality is this is a catholic film and will lean toward their doctrine. Having said this I honestly do not feel a seeker would pick up on this as you have, we must be ready to give a positive truthful responce to those who question mary's role as portrayed in the film. I want to caution you that whatever your feelings the truth that our God was crucified buried and rose again is both the Jesus of the Bible and the author and finisher of our faith. Honestly I can almost hear some of you rend your garments as you type this stuff.
    Murph

5. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Thanks for making my typing a little easier, you have two points I take issue with in this one post. #1 I reject your view and word study of the word bear. The accounts given of the man from cyrene carrying the cross don't state whether or not he carried it the entire way or just part, that being said I feel John19:17 cannot be misunderstood " and He bearing His cross"
    #2 give me a verse proving mary did not hold His body, the movie is wrong in showing soldiers taking the body down as mark 15:46 tells us Joseph took it down but in the following verses we read that the women were present at the burial and could have been at the time of the body coming down. Luke 23 also shows the women being present and while I agree that her pose with the body is definately catholic doctrine there seems to be no verse stating definately she did not do this, but I will happily retract when you produce one.
    Murph

6. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Prove it please scripturaly
    Murph

7. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

The scripture you quoted proves mary was there, I don't know the greek but I think "fled" wouldn't mean "standing by" or "stood afar off" I feel the verses about being scattered in John 16 is referring to the 12 and referring to the garden and during the trial. They did all flee but to use this in this contxt is wrong, in John 16 He is speaking to the 12. Also you assumption that John took mary home at that instant is proven wrong by Luke 23 she is present at the burial so what happened did John take her immediately home and then she escaped back to see Jesus burial.
    Murph

8. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Read Mark 15:47 mary the mother of joses beheld where He was laid. If she went home with John immediately how did this happen.
    Murph

9. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Didn't sombody say something about silly posts?
    Murph

10. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Mr Murphy,

From my post - last one on page 5 - I answered the question about whether Mary was at the cross for all the extra Biblical stuff that was added in the movie:

John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that HOUR that disciple took her unto his own home.

Sorry, movie supporters - Mary no-longer-mom was not at the cross to kiss His feet, or to take down the body, or pose peita style for the audience. Mel got it wrong, again.
    [end post]

Luk 23:49 And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.

Mat 27:55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:

11. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

No just busy and by the way I am not a supporter but I saw enough truth in the film to decide to stand against it's unrightous bashing on this forum. I am going to be away until Tuesday so don't think I am "truth shocked" Murph

12. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Mr Murphy wrote:
    Read Mark 15:47 mary the mother of joses beheld where He was laid. If she went home with John immediately how did this happen.

MalkyEL:
    Jesus died at about 3 in the afternoon. The Jews requested that Jesus be removed from the cross by sundown as the following day was a Sabbath [the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread - not the Saturday Sabbath] which began at sundown. There were several hours of time - Mary and Mary Magdelene then went to the tomb to watch as Joseph and Nicodemus placed Him in the tomb.

13. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Did you see the film? afraid of dying I didn't see that.
    Murph

14. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Man, He was betrayed, beaten, crucified and rose from the grave but you say He was mystical.
    Murph

15. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

So John under orders from the saviour took mary to his house immediately but she ran back a short time later. Interesting how you declare that John took her home so she could not be at the cross but when scripture declares her later presence she leaves johns care. I don't buy your reasoning but the point is that the scripture does not deny any possibility of her being there.Murph

16. mioque

mioque New Member

"Luke 23 also shows the women being present and while I agree that her pose with the body is definately catholic doctrine"
    Actually the pieta pose is an artistic tradition associated with Roman Catholic church art, not doctrine.
    "And from that HOUR that disciple took her unto his own home."
    And that line simply means that he looked after her from then on, not that he dragged her to his house that very instant.

17. onestand

onestand New Member

sharp..

I see no relatability of the "for me against me" scripture with Mel's movie. I can't see that Mel is against Jesus at all, I see absolutely no proof of that. Being Catholic definitely doesn't prove he's against Christ.

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

And from that HOUR that disciple took her unto his own home.

This doesn't mean John the Beloved rushed her to his home and kept her there every minute of the rest of her life. It means she became 'as his mother' ie; part of his family.

2Sa 9:13 So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem, for he ate continually at the king's table.....

2Sa 9:10 You therefore, and your sons and your servants, shall work the land for him, and you shall bring in the harvest, that your master's son may have food to eat. But Mephibosheth your master's son shall eat bread at my table always."....

19. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Murph "Once again to those I have offended i apologize and to those I am about to please feel free to question my opinion it is just that an opinion"

Murph "Some have started at the error in the film and carried it all the way to margaritaville which is sad indeed. If you don't like the film fine and if you do fine but let's stop with the games. Some keep claiming that the scriptures given have not been answered but I honestly feel that they have, the divination claims are about to get over the top. Friends however Mel got his information, there was no divination shown in the film."

NO divination? God said if a person goes after those who divine or use divination as a source of obtaining information....that is forbidden. Therefore since Mel Gibson stated he went after diviners, aka the writings of Emmerich, Agreda and Bridget, he sourced those demonic writings and instilled them into the script and movie......like it or not. He said he did. Therefore the results of divination are fully in the movie. And that is factually proven.

Scripture? Absolutely applicable.

Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Isaiah 5:19 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it! 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!...23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!'

Just reviewing in my mind the divination sources used and presented for example, in the movie, with the scourging scene and the Mary's in attendance and sopping up the blood. Both historically and Scripturally false...and can be proven so.

Just as it is FACT that Mel Gibson stated the movie was both Marian and Catholic ...throughout and that is the message he intended. That there is no salvation outside the Catholic church, and the crucifixion and so on is the repetitive Catholic Eucharist, which is false doctrine and what was intended by Gibson to be gleaned from the movie. That is presenting another gospel and another Jesus...unless you would concur that the Catholic gospel and Eucharist is Biblically sound?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Mary is not defined as being the way to Christ or the Father, in the Scriptures. But is in Catholic doctrine.

2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Murph "No just busy and by the way I am not a supporter but I saw enough truth in the film to decide to stand against it's unrightous bashing on this forum."

Are you now saying that everyone that disagrees with the film and the marian and catholic doctrine, which Mel Gibson stated he put throughout the movie, and who can show scene by scene quotes from Emmerich, for example, is now unrighteous and bashing this truth, because you have seen the movie and think it holds truth?

I fully wish to understand your position. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am fully asking and mean no disrespect, but I would like a clarification of what exactly we are now allowed to say versus what is prohibited, and in violation of BB posting rules, with regards to this movie.

Are those against the movie no longer allowed to freely express why they believe it is both Scripturally and historically incorrect? Is that what you are saying Murph? And there is to be no friendly banter or teasing by anti-movie people, is that correct?

Again, no disrespect whatever intended, but I am also asking for you to clarify when you are posting as a person versus as a moderator. Or am I wrong in assuming there should be or is a distinction?

Thank you.

20. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Murph "A better question my friend is do you not believe Romans 8:28 for it seems by your denial of it's application here that you do. "

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All things work together for good to them that love God --not those who proclaim another gospel and another Jesus, Murph. Not those who do not belong to God. Not those who source divination and false doctrine as a truth. That is not loving God, according to the Word of God.

2 Cor 11: 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

John 14: 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments....23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Micah 6:8 He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?