1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Music Director from Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ClintKerns, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ClintKerns

ClintKerns New Member

Hi,

My name is Clint Kerns, I am the Minister of Music at the Concord Baptist Church in Fairmount, Ga. Dr. Sammy Allen is my pastor. I have been involved in Church music all of my life and have been directing choirs since I was 16 years old (I'm 45 now). I am glad to be a part of the family of God and glad to be joining the Baptist Board. I direct a 60 member youth choir and we have recorded 6 live projects and a studio project. I look forward to the fellowship.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome! I was in church music for about 25 years before God called me to preach (or as my music buds say, before I turned to the dark side).

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome to the BB!

Bitsy

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Clint!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Clint. I've also been involved with church music since a teen, although my knowledge of music is limited. I went to Bible college to study music but had to leave after the third semester due to lack of money. I've always been a soloist and have led the congregational music, but I would know nothing about directing a choir--unless it was one that only sang the melody. Most church choirs I've heard and been a part of have no one who reads music. I've only been in one church choir that sang in four part harmony, but then I've always preferred smaller churches.

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board!

8. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome Clint! We're looking forward of you sprucing up the various forums with your "music!" :thumbs: