1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Music in Fundamental Churches

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

How long has it been since we were promised an answer? It ought to be a good one.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't hold my breath much longer!!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's been 2 days. We were promised something on Wednesday and nothing yet. He has not been on since the 23rd (Monday??).

Still waiting.....

4. sr2br

sr2br New Member

Wow when I came back and read all of the responses it reminded me of a pack of wolves waiting for a rabit to walk by. I was pleased though by some of the responses of those that are truly have a heart to let God lead them to make the best decision. Let me try to clear up some confusion.

This was in response to my statement about how God did not reject their songs because of the condition of their heart but because of the melody. The reason is because the second part of that verse gives us that answer. Amo 5:23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. Yes, we see in this chapter that their hearts condition were wrong, so because of the wickedness of their hearts everything else that they did was not Godly. They tried to worship God, but used an unGodly melody since they were tring to please Him with the flesh. It is true that we do not know what kind of music they played. We must relize however that if our hearts are right with God then we will play the right music and right style in the local church. Now as to what is the right kind of music that pleases the Lord, is something that is up to the individual local church to decide. If the heart is right with God the rest will follow in the same direction.

I was not clear on somteing I said and because of it there was some confusion with it. rbell said "There is no way you can turn your scripture into an indictment of "praise and worship" music (which, by the way, is an extremely subjective term...and all God-glorifying music in worship is "praise and worship." Nor can that verse stand up to prove Garlock's assertion." Down here in Brazil we say praise and worship meaning the song service. If could not rememer that the song service inthe US is called song service so I said praise and worship like we say down here. After being here for 4 years that happens alot to me whe I talk in english, sorry. I was not just talking about the style of praise and worship that is practiced in the USA. But rather talking about any type of song service in general what ever style it maybe. and like I said before I am not trying to prove Garlock's assertion. Maybe I should have started another post? I was just showing that if the hearts of te people of the church are right with God the music will be also. It is a local church desicion. What the right style of music today? That is something you must decide for you, between you and God. May the Lord Bless each and everyone of you.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Isaiah 1:15 says "And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood."

By using your argument, God will not hear our prayers either. So we need to stop praying.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The fatalist perspective always amounts to death.

God only does NOT hear our prayers when we REGARD iniquity in our hearts, just as Isaiah was saying they were doing.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Correct - but it's not the prayers that are bad - it's the heart.

In the same way, the verse that sr2br used does not say that the melody is bad - but the heart.

8. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is anybody else still waiting?

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:sleeping_2:

Just wake me when it gets here....

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think you've been stood up. :smilewinkgrin:

11. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So... that's how it feels.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Since this is only four pages from our normal 20 pages closure and discussion would be limited I am closing at requesting that Todd start a new thread to give his Biblical support for the concept that rhythm based music weakens our spiritual side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.