1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured music ministry today

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Rginald Woodbridge, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Rginald Woodbridge

and
    whats a period?

2. Rginald Woodbridge

well it makes perfect sense to me and others i write to but if a few dots bother you..sorry....its like taking a breath when you speak......you do take breaths dont you and stop occaisonly..well thats what the dots indicate..in my land.......I DO IT ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST MY LORD.....I seek to help word ignorant people..and learn somethings to.....Glorifying Jesus Christ is all about that...help each other..its love...IN ACTION......but again thank you for your words....and we are not all baptists or american..we do it different in different places...its custom....remember Romans13;7.....and Jesus is the word of God so as I USE THE WORD i AM GLORIFYING HIM......if what i say is true..bless you and yours

3. Rginald Woodbridge

who said anything about my ministry..or compre myself...scripture says if we compare ourselves with others thats not wise to do......and if I CONTEND EARNESTLY FOR THE FAITH..[jude3]..USEING SCRIPTURE TO BRING LIGHT......you should again read what is said before you judge..because your judgment is wrong.....you would see if you bothered to actually read it....not criticise my lack of doing it your way......anyway i did not enter this site to get personally putting down someone....just to put down error .....not people....love is the governing law of the new covenant.......so pray for me....please......thanx

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Try it like this:

Hi there. Well, I am fairy computer illiterate to start with and it's the way we write here and education is not the guideline of all things. Surely a man of your ability can read what I am saying. Who cares about being exact in grammar? I live remote with no one to teach me to use a keyboard that works the way it wants. So I would love some grace from better computer people than me. But thanks. At least your reply was meat well, I know that. Thank you, sir.

It has nothing to do with computer skills or a keyboard. It has to do with basic writing. Sentences, capital letters for the first word and for the use of "I" meaning myself. If you can type "....", you surely can type a period to end the sentence and then use the space bar before you type the next sentence. Trust me - it helps people to understand what you are saying.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A period is a punctuation mark we use at the end of most sentences. See that dot at the end of that sentence? At the end of each sentence, we will use a "." (period), "?" (question mark) or "!" exclamation point, depending on the particular sentence style that it is finishing. You use 4 periods to end a sentence (when you would take a breath) - just use a period and then a space before the next sentence as I have used here (although I prefer two spaces between sentences although that is wrong for today's rules).

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know that. We always had to use two spaces between sentences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - The new rule is just one space. I just can't do it. Catholic school typing class was where I learned to type and those nuns were scary!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had absolutely no idea this was a thing now. Interesting.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems the double space was a concession because of monospaced type.

10. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Reported. You can't just go around telling people on the board that they are living in unbelief and deceived by Satan.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk