1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Music ministry trying to spead Gods Word, being about the Fathers Will, not ours

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gods Singer, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Gods Singer

Gods Singer New Member

Southern Gospel music is a wonderful ministry. I sing with a family trio, Saved By Grace. God has given us a Mission with a Vision. Music has reached many unsaved people and brought them to their knees. Please pray for us to be in the Fathers Will and not ours. Being about the Fathers Work is awesome. Seeing His kingdom increase is wonderful. If anyone has any words of wisdom for us please let us know.

God Bless

2. HISSONGS

HISSONGS New Member

I love Southern Gospel as well. My ministry is bringing Ed Enoch and Golden Covenant here for a concert. I'm really looking forward to the show.
    We have alot in common. check out my website some time. www.hissongs.net God Bless

3. JN1633

JN1633 New Member

I am also in a southern Gospel "Ministry" and am continually amazed at God's direction and blessings that he is giving us. We were in over 120 Churches last year and we are on pace to have more bookings this year. I guess the thing that has amazes me the most is how "God's People" have been the ones to attack our ministry and especially our former "Home Church".Have you noticed that the vast majority of those saved thru a true music ministry seem to be the older and harder lost people that will not listen to preaching anymore but still like to hear music. A good Gospel song will still Preach His Word.

4. er1001

er1001 New Member

[​IMG] Amen to that statment "people who are hard to preaching will come in a listen to the same message being sung in a way they like.My family and I go from church to church singing for God songs of the Cross and the spilled Blood urging sinners to repent and be saved.God's people need to be encouraged also.
    We also like Southern Gospel music along with bluegrass gospel.We sing where ever we are invited as long as we have liberty.We are some times critcized for going to non-Baptist churches and some think our music worldly and feeding the flesh BUT GOD KNOWS OUR HEARTS!!!!!! ER

5. MusicPastor

MusicPastor New Member

Ok, so I'm going to throw in a bit of theology here. I hate to say this, cause I know you'll knee jerk react to it, but no one gets saved through music. The Bible clearly states, "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" Rom. 10. As a music pastor, I must be cautious to not elevate music to the level of the Word. While music is a tool to teach the gospel, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982, we must recognize the power of God is found in the Word and the proper teaching thereof. I was raised on Southern Gospel music. Unfortunately, I find a great lack of biblical theology in the words of the songs, and much more experiential "cheap" gospel in the lyrics. If you were to hold much of SG music up to the Word of God in comparision, you'd probably wind up tossing most of it out. [​IMG]

Any other thoughts? [​IMG]

6. JN1633

JN1633 New Member

Agreed! People cannot be Saved by the music...but the Holy Spirit Of God can convict hearts thru the proper "Words" Of a Song. Good Biblical truths can be sung and the right kind of song does "preach" the gospel. To be perfectly honest, any type of music including bluegrass or southern gospel that the Clear message of the words of the song does not come out is not doing it's job. I have seen people under so strong of a conviction that they run all the way to the altar when the invitation is given, even though it was only a saturday night Gospel singing/concert venue. I have also been back to the same Church and still see those people on fire for God and being a blessing to their Church. So, yes I do agree that "Music" itself will not see people Saved, But I can show you over 25 people, 19 of them over the age of 30 that have been Saved thru our ministry in the past year. I'm talking about broken sinners under conviction, coming weeping to the Altar where they were shown from the Word Of God how to be saved. I believe that "the foolishness of preaching" can come in more forms than just the Pastor behind his pulpit.

7. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Are you saying that you are involved in a preaching ministry? How were you called to this ministry?

8. JN1633

JN1633 New Member

Actually, yes I have been called to Preach, but this post is talking about Southern gospel Music Ministries and I was directly answering the post in front of me. And to answer your question more thoroughly, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit Of God of surrending my life to do whatever he called me to do...I was miserable, unable to sleep and could not find a feeling of peace until I knelt down at an old-fashioned altar and surrendered my life to whatever His will for me was....I do not have the time nor the space to share all the direct answers to my prayers and the feeling of absolute peace that came over me after I surrendered my Life to Preach his word. My point actually is That Preaching comes in more forms than just By a Pastor from behind a pulpit....and that people can be saved thru a music ministry...I'm kind of curious about how out of my entire post about seeing people saved time and time again, that the question you asked me is the only comment made???