1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Musical Instruments for Fundamental Church

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joman, May 26, 2005.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not off topic....because what we are trying to say here is this: NO INSTRUMENT IS INAPPROPRIATE.

2. patrick

patrick New Member

I am a youth minister and I carefully screen music. Kids listen to rock believe it or not!!! I try to encourage them to listen to something with a Christian message. Most teenagers are not going to listen to sacred selections part 29. They want music that they can relate to with other kids.

Folks need to really listen to some of these ccm artist their stuff is very Godly. It deals with everyday issues they face And how to glorify Christ in life.

I love old hymns!!! I like a lot of the new stuff. They are reaching people with the message of grace. Isn't that what we are supposed to do??

My church has a piano and organ in our worship services and i love it. Worship can be done with a little beat also.

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I agree!

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I agree! </font>[/QUOTE]My kids hate rock. Not because of me. i have no idea why.

I grow up in the 70’s and not allowed to listen to rock in the house. I held to this outside the house as well. My best friend started working at a Christian radio station. Back then Christian rock was very new. Most stations would not play it. The station my friend worked at would not play it. Yet...they kept getting albums sent to them. I guess its like other things..if you get on a list...they send you products free to try. In this case the goal was to have the radio station play the recording so others will buy it. The radio station did not...so my friend took them home. he gave some to me too. 2nd chapter of acts, keith green...a bunch more. some was good sound...others not so good.

at one point there was a list made by record companies that was like this....if you like kiss...your love (blank). meaning...if you like the sounds of the rock group KISS..you will love this other Christian group.

i knew of the other groups..but did not listen to them....for i could not. yet i listen to many..and had alot Christian rock. at some point i and my friends that listen to this early Christian rock wanted to hear the real stuff. I mean...we liked Christian rock...and they were just playing like kiss....what did kiss sound like? well...as far as sound..KISS sounded better. REO speedwagon sounded better. the Christian rock was poor compared to the real stuff. I wanted the real stuff.

At one point i so far into the rock world it was unreal. I had records that lined the wall. I was now to the age where my dad did not say anything. but to be fair..i’m not sure he knew how bad it was. I would buy at least 2 records each week, and then add to that..the top record of the week. I did this for 5 years or more.

i know of the worlds beat. i use to love it. i still hear songs i want to listen too when shopping...but i know what it does to the mind. it pulls you away from god...and makes you think of self....this happen to me and all my friends most are not in the church any longer. Thank God he changed me. I still love some beat if its not over powering. I just do not like it in the church. I think of the world my God pulled me from...and it’s hard to hear this in church.

yet....for some reason my girls have chosen to hate anything close to rock. It did not come from my preaching. I have more volume on my liberty button to move then they. Where as i take take a little beat. They like classical and hymns and thats it.

who’s to know?

anyway..just sharing