1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Musical Instruments in Christ's church [2]

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by defenderofthefaith, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Addressed to me:
    If you are going to presume to make definitive judgments about what I think, and make assertions based on them, I see that you have two options:
    1) you had better be right about what I think, or
    2) you have arrogated yourself far beyond yourself, and are too foolish to know it.

It is apparent that you have done the latter. You should not have shown the certainty that you did, as you were not remotely right about what I think. These make the second and third times you presumed to make definite judgment on my thoughts and make assertions based on them. On all three times, you were totally wrong. You need to accept that your capabilities on this are not what you have thought.

Fact is, neither Jesus Christ nor Paul are recorded saying or writing anything that would directly oppose musical instruments in worship. If either had done so, I would go with it.

You have taken something Jesus said and something else Paul wrote about other subjects and applied them to musical instruments. That application is based mainly upon your disdain for musical instruments in worship, and not what those passages state. Your "opinion" -- your word -- is that your application of these passages to this unaddressed topic is valid.

I do not think that those passages, which do not address musical instruments in worship, can rightly be applied as a justification for a church-wide ban against musical instruments. I reject your "opinion" -- your word -- that these passages provide a valid basis for a church-wide ban against musical instruments.

Just because I do not buy your "opinion" -- your word -- does not mean that I think that the teachings of Jesus Christ "have no meaning for the Church today." That is your bogus accusation, possibly out of spite for `daring' to refuse to submit to your opinion.

It looks like a problem you have is a failure to distinguish your teachings from those of
    1) Jesus Christ or
    2) Paul when writing God-breathed Scripture.
    This is a common problem within the church. Still, you are neither. Disagreeing with you is not disagreeing with them.

Facts: When Scripture directly addresses the subject of musical instruments in worship, it shows God's approval of musical instruments in worship. This is the case throughout Scripture. Scripture never once indicates that God has ever changed His feelings on that.

I am not willing to
    -- take any passage of Scripture that does not address musical instruments in worship, and
    -- propose a church-wide ban on what Scripture shows God's approval of.
    I would not dare. I do not like what happens when musical instruments are used irresponsibly. I admit it gets tempting to do as you do, which is call for an outright church-wide ban on them. Still, my feelings aside, Scripture does not allow me or anyone to do as you are doing.

#101 Darron Steele, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Solid counsel brother Darron. :thumbsup:

I pray God will bring light to our brothers who are caught up in this doctrine of demons.

God Bless!