1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Muslim Brotherhood pray @ nat'l cathedral

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're on the same page! We tell them that Jesus loves them and that we are praying for them and for us to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Or as Martin Luther wrote, "The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still,
    His kingdom is forever." According to Net Hymnal, that hymn was sung at Eisenhower's funeral in the National Cathedral in DC.

http://nethymnal.org/htm/m/i/mightyfo.htm

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I did a little research on the National Cathedral and no wonder this event happened. Their top preist or what they call the Very Rev Gary Hall is about as liberal as they come. He believes our youth should go ahead and have premarital sex, no problem, he's pro gay, doesn't think marriage should be a life long commitment. I could go on. Also isn't John S. Spong an Episcopalian? With all this in mind I'm not shocked at all. However I am shocked that this place of worship is considered America's spiritual center, HUH! It may be spiritual but not the spirits we want to cuddle up to.

Hall even goes as far as saying he is a non-theistic Christian. What the heck is that you say? It is a LOST man just like Spong and all those who pretend to play Christianity. I guess they think it is a club. Very sad indeed.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the Protestant Episcopal Church has been neo-orthodox for a very long time. Many of them say that they are only united by their liturgy, which they modernized in the 1960s, causing them to lose the beauty of their Elizabethan English.

It was always said that St. John the Divine Cathedral in New York City had a Shinto altar--unbelievable.

However, one has to laugh at the stupidity of the Episcopal Church in Washington DC that allowed two terrorist organizations to conduct "prayers" last Friday. CAIR is affiliated with Hamas and ISNA has long been known to be an umbrella organization for the Muslim Brotherhood, a pure evil terrorist group with roots in Nazi Germany.

Not only was Dwight Eisenhower's funeral at the Episcopal National Cathedral but the DC service for Ronald Reagan was also there at the Episcopal National Cathedral.