1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslim Christmas story

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by grahame, Dec 24, 2006.

1. grahame

grahame New Member

Just read this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas2006/story/0,,1978178,00.html
    What are your comments?
    This is my response:
    (Matthew 1:20-23)
    It is they who have failed to understand the Scriptures. And no wonder, since they reject most of them.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

While there may be truth in this story, it reads like it was written as propaganda for the evil religion and its prophet.

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

I, too, encompass your response. The Bible, not the Quran, leads to the Way, the Truth, the Light and no man comes to God except through Him.

Consider for a moment, though, if there were a leader that could meld the beliefs of three religions into something acceptable to all three. A formula for anti-Christ?

4. grahame

grahame New Member

I wonder why the writer didn't mention John's gospel? where Jesus THE SON is seen so clearly. Also I don't think that Luke would use the word in the Jewish sense. Also Paul, being a Jew would never write such things of Christ if he did not think that Jesus was God as well as man.

Not only that, but if Jesus was using the word in a "Jewish" sense, then why would the Jews pick up stones to stone him for blasphemy?
    As I speak to these Muslim folk I perceive that there is a veil over their eyes. For they don't seem to see what I am saying, even though I quote the Scriptures and trust in them that they are "quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I pray as I speak that the Holy Spirit shall open the eyes of some that "the the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

There is an interesting thing that happens when Jewish folk believe of Christ. The so called "Messianic Jews". They recognise that Matthews gospel is entirely Jewish and they also recognise Jesus as "The Son of God".

My prayer therefore as I continue to witness to these dear people, whom I respect and love, is that the devil shall not have the victory and that God may open their eyes that they may behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

#4 grahame, Dec 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So grahame, do you have a ministry to Muslims, or do you just witness to them as you have opportunity?

6. grahame

grahame New Member

I just speak with them as I have an opportunity. I am also trying to understand them and learn about them. I do have opportunities to get over quite a lot of scriptures, which do seem to come to me as I need them. But of course it is only God who can open their hearts.
    I find that many of them are very intelligent and are not fools. I do also find an openess with them which I have found to be rare (in my experience) with many Christians.

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, praise the Lord, friend. Keep at it! :thumbs:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Muslim rejection of Christ being the Son of God is inherent in their view of the virgin birth. The virgin birth of the Bible is not the virgin birth of the Koran. In the Bible Jesus is born of Mary, conceived of the Holy Spirit.
    In the Koran Jesus is born of Mary conceived of an angel. This view negates any possible conclusion that Jesus could be the "son of God." He is not, according to Islamic theology, and yet still born of a "virgin." Thus to be virgin-born really does not mean much when looked at from a Muslim point of view. IMO, it is the sin described in Genesis 6: when the sons of God went into the daughters of men--the result of which brought terrible condemnation and judgement of God.

9. grahame

grahame New Member

Yes. The great obstacle I find in speaking to them is that they say they believe in the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament, but only as it is revealed in the Quran. They say that the Quran is the uncreated word of God and therefore is entirely free from error. Most of them will not even consider, let alone argue from the Old and New Testaments. For the most part they just ignore those scriptures I quote.
    One Muslim will argue from some parts of the New Testament. He says that because his mother was a Catholic that he is very familiar with the KJV. But what I have found when challenging him with what he knows, that he brings up certain verses, such as when Jesus said in Matthew 15:24
    "There" he says, "That proves that Jesus did not come to save the world, but he was only messiah to the Jews, who rejected him". I of course quote many scriptures to show that he indeed did die for the whole wold. But he still sticks with that one scripture and sees it as the ultimate proof that Jesus was only a prophet for the Jews.
    But in fact their whole theology is different from Christian theology. They totally deny the doctrine of original sin and inbred sin. It is here that I see how valuable the work of the Holy Spirit is in convicting a person of their sins. When a person is under conviction of sin, it is them that they become ready to listen to God's word and can be pointed to the true uncreated word of God, Jesus Christ, the word made flesh.

#9 grahame, Dec 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2006