1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslim Congressman: I’m Not a ‘Crazy’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 20, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim member of the U.S. Congress, has just returned from his second trip to Israel – where he said he doesn’t understand Muslim "crazies” who see the Koran as a license to murder.
    "The murderers and the extremists are into something I don't know about," the first-term Minnesota Democrat told the Jerusalem Post.
    "I don't know how they read what they read and come out with what they do. They wouldn't consider me a Muslim because I'm American, because I believe in the unity of people and that we are all on the planet to work together. "The people who did 9/11 are hostile to everyone, and in fact if you are not the type of Muslim they want you to be, they would be happy to kill you too. I am not a Muslim in their eyes because I am for tolerance and inclusion, and they don't want an Islam that is inclusive."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/8/20/105935.shtml?s=al&promo_code=38BA-1

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember all the way back to high school 'civics' in the book there was mention that Congressmen's (H of R) 2-year terms are too short because they are into campaigning for their next term as soon as they start thier present one. This is a good example.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Just like the other 434 members of the House. Surprise, surprise, he is a politician.