1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must I give it back?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saved by grace, Aug 7, 2010.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ole Zac said he would restore back "four fold"--------that means, with interest!!

The million dollars you stole somehow acquired interest---that, too belongs in the hands of the one it was stole from!!

Not only that---but if the money was stolen---the "steal-ee" should be arrested and tried for Grand Theft!! IOW---he should turn himself in to the authorities w/o a fuss!!!

#21 blackbird, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a very popular evangelism "guide" that has been out for many years now. The author speaks of his conversion to Christianity while under federal indictment (tax evasion? prostitution rings? I can't remember all of it).

He speaks (in his book) of how he pleaded not guilty to the charges (a lie by his own admission) and how God miraculously brought about a "not guilty" verdict.

As I read that part of his book, I became very uneasy in my spirit. It just struck me as strange. Throughout scripture you see God's servants still suffering the consequences (in this life) of their actions.

Moses didn't get to see the promised land. David lost his son and the sword never left his house. Solomon's wives led him to astray so that God removed the Kingdom from his son. Ole Zac made restitution (as you said). Onesimus was sent back to Philemon. There are many examples.

And yet, this man believes God rewarded his lie (he pleaded not guilty to things he admits he was guilty of) by miraculously bringing about a not guilty verdict.... and then he makes a kazillion bucks selling a book on evangelism.

It strikes me as odd.

peace to you:praying:

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    According to the Law you would not only have to give it back but by a multiplier of 5.