1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must we obey the gospel to be saved???

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by SolaScriptura, May 30, 2002.

1. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura New Member

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: (Rom 6:5)

Death
    Burial
    Resurrection

Repentance = Death
    WaterBaptism = Burial
    Reception of Holy Spirit = Resurrection

Please read Romans 6

I've said repeatedly that baptism's power is not in the water but in the promise of Christ (Mark 16:16) and in Christ which you are baptized into (Rom 6), in His death which you are baptized into (Rom 6) and the resurrection of Jesus Christ as Peter says in 1 Peter 3:21.

No, I believe what Peter said in Acts 2:38 & 1 Peter 3:21, and I believe what Jesus said in Mark 16:16, and also what Paul says in Romans 6

...ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine...Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.(Rom 6:17-18)

Paul places freedom from sin AFTER obedience to some form of doctrine - what form of doctrine is that? Seeing as how the context is speaking of baptism that "form of doctrine" must be baptism.

DHK, you have obviously rejected the Word of God, so there is not point in me discussing this with you anymore. May God open your eyes to the truth!

[ June 13, 2002, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: SolaScriptura ]

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

3. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura New Member

In Acts 8:35 when Philip joined the chariot of the eunuch, the Bible says Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. Philip "preached Jesus to him." That's all the Bible says! THat's all Philip preached! Philip "preached Jesus to him" and that's all he preached! He didn't preach baptism, yet somehow the eunuch miraculously understood that he needed to be baptized. Philip didn't even preach baptism to the eunuch! He preached Jesus, yet the eunuch knew baptism was necessary, but I've preached baptism to you until I was blue in the face, and you still haven't gotten it. I'm done, and I'm shaking the dust off of my feet. Why don't you go pay the eunuch a visit and ask him how he understood baptism without ever hearing one sermon on it!!!!!

4. Alex

Alex New Member

SORRY....Had to delete my comments...........wrong thread!! If it didn't delete my comments, forgive me as I thought I was on the Mormon thread. [​IMG]

God Bless..........Alex

[ June 14, 2002, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]