1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"... must worship Him in ... truth."

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Apr 28, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Here's the thing I think "isms" fail to do --- worship God in truth.

Mormonism worships Jesus as a man.

Calvinism worships a God who doesn't love the whole world. A God who sends Jonah to Nineveh doesn't love the lost?? A God who had Naoh warn to his peers for 120 years didn't love a world that was "only evil continually?" A God who looks at Jerusalem and says, "How many time would I have gathered you to Me but you would not" is a God who loves EVERYONE -- not just the "elect!"

And there is no answer of love regarding a God who creates men specifically to be condemned without hope to hell.

They are called "isms" specifically because they have another perspective -- IMO a human perspective -- of God, for heaven's sake!

Hey, put your own "ism" here. Do you see what I am saying?? Are you worshipping God in truth??

skypair

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Calvinists and non-calvinists understand Gods love in different ways. Beings we are humans neither of us understand Gods love at all. We make theorys and have ideas. But nobody understands God %100. Does that mean that none of us worship God in truth.

I dont think it is fair to put Calvinists, who worship the same God and Jesus as non-calvinists, in the same catigory as Mormons who change every important detail of who God and Jesus is.

Are you saying that if you do not have %100 understanding of God and know everything there is to know about him you are in the same boat as the Mormons. What if you are %99 correct, are you unsaved.

If I was a Calvinist, this post would be very offencive.

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I can't speak for others, but I've long since stopped taking sp seriously enough to be offended.

4. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

ditto: Skypair posts an OP, I peruse it and usually rate the thread as "terrible" and then move on. Why bother taking anything from this poster seriously? BTW, I'm not a fan of "skypairism" either.

#4 Brandon C. Jones, Apr 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2007
  5. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

double ditto

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

His constant attacks on people, and assuming peiople who beleive differently then him are not christians keeps one from taking him seriously.
    You have to pity someone who is constanly so negative as to have the need to attack everyone.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

John Wayne was good in Chism.

9. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I was going to write Huh? in response to the OP. I'm glad I read the rest of the posts first. Thanks, guys.

My motto is "never attack anyone."

Oh, by the way, Donna...... it's people, and i before e except after c in believe.

Gotcha! :laugh: (For my next number I'll be the thought police guy)......

Uh-oh .. Deejay ... that percentage sign % goes after the number .. just thought I'd mention it.

Need to adjust the radar here.......... brb

#9 DQuixote, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Dont bother with where the % sign is when I spell
    like that. :laugh:

Sorry I went to public school.

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

I'm glad you said that, DeeJay. I've recently come accross a good definition of love --- He who truly loves desires the best, only good, for the object his love. Think about that. Think about God willing to see everyone saved and then compare that to God condemning most of humanity. Which God is "perfect love?'' Seems Calvies see God's perfect love only for themselves, doesn't it?

No, of course not. We are all immature when we are born again -- we grow. I'm just saying that mature, "educated" believers should realize they are not worshipping in truth so it would be better to not worship untruthfully at all until they have the true, biblical image of God sorted out.

And no doubt in my mind that Jesus offended some too -- for their good if they wisely receive rebuke.

skypair

12. skypair

skypair Active Member

Listen...

.... I'm sorry it offense was taken. I've heard offense is the difference between teaching on the one hand and preacing on the other.

Furthermore, it seems that where offense is, there is conviction of the Spirit rather than just "good cocktail information." It is conviction, BTW, that provides the turning points in our lives.

So as regards the truth --- Does God or doesn't He love (desire the best for) all His creation??

skypair

13. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

You're not Jesus, so you shouldn't assume that your comments are for anyone's wise rebuke.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

You are not Jesus, it is highly offensive for anyone to comapare themselves to Him, as if they had the same rights as He, He being God. Something you are not.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

So apparently you believe if you are offensive then it must be the Holy Spirit convicting the offended person.
    How concieded and prideful.

16. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

Actually if you read the responses on page 1, no one was offended given the source.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know about you, but I find comparing christians to mormons is offensive.

18. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Hos 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Mal 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

:wavey:

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I know Jesus. Jesus is a friend of mine. And skypair is no Jesus.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

20. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I hope you will allow me to correct you on your view of "Calvies" as you call them, seeing God's perfect love only for themselves. They don't. They believe that Christ died for His people, that is, actually to save them. Joseph was told in Matthew 1.21: "You shall call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins." He Himself said in John 6.37: ""All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." But "Calvies" witness and preach the gospel, because they, like everyone else, have no knowledge of who the "all that the Father gives to Jesus" are, and anyway they seek as you do to fulfil the Great Comission.

I'm sure I've left a lot out, and that there are others who could express these truths far for clearly than I have, but I hope it is of some help.