1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Apology To Brother Bill

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Apr 10, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will not drag this on but make it short and to the point... Brother Bill was in error as there were three accounts on his registration... According to BB posting rules number ten you are only allowed one.

I was wrong in that I brought this infraction of the rules in front of all my brethren and admonished... accused... and rebuked Brother Bill in front of everyone. This should have been done in private. I WAS WRONG I BEG EVERYONES FORGIVENESS... Brother Bills especially... Even in my present frame of mind and circumstances... I WAS WRONG AND THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR MY ACTIONS.

All reference to this confrontation has been deleted by the Administrators for the good of all and the BB... I pray that by telling Brother Bill and you all of my offense I have gain a brother in Christ Jesus in Brother Bill... FORGIVE ME!... MY BRETHREN IN THE LORD!... Brother Glen Moderator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Forgiven, and easily forgotten. I'm sure others will feel the same way, and join me in praying for you in your loss and Charlotte's gain - which takes far greater precedence.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree completely. The rest of us who have engaged Bill in honest debate have a right to know what he was doing. If he is guilty of deception then he should publicly apologize and be required to delete all posts where use of the multiple accounts were used to give him a tactical advantage.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or should at least be told what his other IDs have been and whether he is going to be allowed to continue to use this trick.

I will not, however, used these shenanigans by Brother Bill, or whoever he is in deep cover, to smear the positions of Arminians like they use the Servetus episode of Calvin's to smear the positions of advocates of the doctrines of God's amazing grace. [​IMG]

5. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I echo the sentiments. Let us not forget that Christ gave us a model of discipline, in going to that person first, then taking two or three to that person, then publically going about rebuking him.

May God give you strength and peace in the coming days, weeks, and months as you deal with your terrible loss.

6. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Somehow I do not think that we will see Brother Bill back on the board. Of course, all new people posting may be seen in suspicion until we are sure it is not him.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

IMO, these are two separate issues. I don't blame Glen for reacting the way he did, but that reaction is an entirely separate issue from what Mr. Bill/Jimmy J./Pastor JR Hampton/some-all-of-the-above did. Forgiving Glen doesn't let anyone else off the hook.

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

WOW! Again I am shocked. But I think Bro. Glen has been more than admireable.

I think Bill or whatever he has chosen for his name, should apologize to the board. PUBLICLY! For he decieved the board publicly.

Good Job Bro. Glen! You are truly a gentleman.

Sherrie

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Amen times ten to the umpteenth power.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Bill... Please come on here and explain to the other brethren what you told Barnabas the (Elder) in a PM that I read... I'm sure the brothers and sister would understand... Yes what you did was against the rules but I can tell by reading your PM that your actions were honorable. I forgive all my brothers and sisters in the Lord... We should all forgive each other and forget it... And go on to greater understanding... So please return all is forgiven... Brother Glen Your Christian Brother In The Lord [​IMG]