1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Book

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Maverick, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been accused of writing books on this board, but I actually have written one and it is now available for your consideration.
    The Power of Holy Women

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW! That, brother, is worthy of trumpeting! Glad you shared that and will try to pick up a copy. What a timely and needed subject.

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, good Doctor! If I was rich and famous I'd send you one but since I is po and infamous, I c'ain't. :D :D

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not begging. A workman is worthy of his wages! [​IMG]

And I'm a poor preacher, and don't get paid much, either. :rolleyes:

Do YOU sell them (through your ministry). Would rather the profit go to you than to Amazon.

5. hsmom3

hsmom3 New Member

Wow, Maverick! I'm soooo proud of you and I don't even know you! :D lol! I would love to read it someday!

hsmom3 [​IMG]

6. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't think ya were, but I like ya and would like to be able to provide everyone who wanted one for free. A workman is worthy of his hire, but I don't want to just be merchandising what the Lord gave me freely for a mansion on the hilltop here. I have done most of my pulpit supply and other ministry for free and was kind of glad of that even though churches were bummed out because I did not have a paid position so I lost a lot of opportunities to pastor because of that. Gee, I thought it proved that I was not greedy of filthy lucre. Duh, what was I thinking?

Being a Po fella I use the free website provided by Earthlink to send folks over to my spot on Sermon Central. No way to set up my own shop so to speak, so Amazon is my only way to get it done. I can purchase my book at a discount from the publisher but I don't have a lot of free capital or time ( FT job and PT pastorate)to do such an animal. I don't expect to make enough to be able to retire from my job and go into full time ministry (though I would not mourn if God let that happen). It was mainly for the grandkids and if I make enough to publish my already written commentary it would be cool.

I have done something that no one in my family ever did and the folks that predicted that I would never do anything worthwhile when I was growing up have to eat a bit of Southern fried crow so it's all good. They didn't count on God doing anythng with me. I was voted most likel to be in jail in HS and now I do go as a jail minister. ;) All praise to Him!!!!

hsmom3, thanks for the kind words!!!! Maybe some folks will put theirs on Amazon when they are done with it and you can get it cheaper. ;)