1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Child wants to see a Disney Movie.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Liberal is really different where you live.

Around here, we're pretty much ultra conservative.

In the Bible belt? We'd be considered more liberal.

But what's important is that we stand on Scripture and seek God's will for our lives, wanting to bring glory to Him. I'd say that's just about right. :)

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Pastor Ezequiel,

I did ask a serious question about your Pocahontas citation of encouraging interracial marriage. I did ask for Biblical justification in light of Moses being in an interracial marriage. I also asked what your view would be about me, a person who is the result of an interracial marriage. Since I am a 1/2 breed, would you recommend people in my position to marry only other 1/2 breeds, or can I marry either race, or neither race?

I would appreciate a dialog on these issues.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

LOL Ann, I do live in the Bible belt!

P E Davis, I've learned to embrace the term liberal. Liberal is a good description of God's love to me. You can't insult me by calling me a "liberal".

I'm still waiting on some real proof for the accusations of the OP.

Oh, and please search the archives before starting any thread on:

women wearing pants
    alcohol
    tobacco
    Christmas
    Halloween

Those horses are DEAD and all of our views are already well recorded.

Thank you. :)

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You guys are responding to an obvious troll. This guy is from the Landover Baptist web site and is just seriously taking you guys for a ride. Here's a post of his from there:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showpost.php?p=470194&postcount=4

Notice the use of the same avatar. Notice the same use of "True Christian". Notice the writing styles are similiar. Please...just stop responding to the guy.

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Just out of sheer curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what races are you?

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, anyone as old as I ought to be thinking about evil old Captain Kangaroo, with his talking moose who could make it rain pingpong balls and his rabbit that was such a carrot thief. We were brainwashed!

I don't imagine that when that donkey talked to Balaam that she bothered to put her panties on first. And Job, of all evil thoughts, acknowedged that he was born naked.

And I suppose the gospel tries to confuse people into thinking God was a man in disguise?

Would and old man and a princess speding a quarter of the time a third nude on a dirt floor be better? Or what are your quantities?

Since I don't really know what is in these movies-- even though I've heard of them all-- I don't know the stories or their sources. But the only problem I've ever had with the one entitle the Lion King is wondering what it is that the king lies about.

What do the prophetic books of the Bible have? 10-headed dragon, fire (and smoke) from the pit, those cool little critters like locusts that have blond hair and faces like horses that will torment with stings from their tails for 5 months.......

They weren't that strange, were they? A bit idiosynchratic, perhaps. [Yes, I do remember seeing that one.]

Old Pete did that with a woman named Dorcas. Well, what do we expect from the pope?

Oh, that kind of fornication! Remeber-- the church should have no contact with Jesus, since he and the church are not married yet, according to Revelation-- right?

You're right. We ought to curse every fig tree we see! And make all our pets into caps.

Yeah--- not make any likeness of anything. Man, how evil are the pictures we take, the machine designs engineers draw, and these yellow faces at my right, that smile, wave, type, sleep,...

Well, I would understand if it was a unsetpful girl who enlisted a rebel to witch her greatmother. But the way you state it... nah.

Maybe if he'd been there when Jesus told the 'rich young ruler' to give all his wealth to the poor, he's have had no reason not to do it. Have you eve thought about how appropriate the name Robbin' Hood is?

Well, of all the interracial gall! At least old Powhattan should have offered his daughter free to aliens, like Lot did. And maybe they weren't savage enough, like Joshua and his bravess who wiped out 7 nations-- well, almost; you leave any of them alive and they'll come back to bite you!

No kiddin'? Both of them?

Well, be sure you give me a rundown if you do. I'll be glad to analyze it.

7. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Liberal Christianity? I assume you mean Liberal Christianity which is just a method of biblical hermeneutics and is not dependent upon any Church dogma or creedal statements. It has no unified set of propositional beliefs. I prefer to give priority to traditional Christian Beliefs and take the KJV1611 Bible Literally, word for word from cover to cover. There is no "interpretation" in God's word as he has stated very clearly what he means.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh my God! He has in his siggy "Attention Liberal False Christians: Bible Study: Why genocide is morally acceptable" then has a thumbs up after that.

AND

Sweet Lord Jesus,
    please do not avert Your face from the evil of the atheists, the evolutionists, the abortionists, the false christians, the liberals, the muslims, the communists and all other sinners that mock Your Holy Name!
    Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity!
    Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth!
    Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible!
    Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Reykjavik and Mecca!
    As you did unto Your Servant David, please do so unto us, Lord.
    Praised be Your Glorious Nameā„¢.

Amen.
    "

Oh dear God!

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hehe, now he sounds like RevMitchell.

Darn, how am I going to watch college football this season since Disney owns ABC.

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Tell your kids to wait for the DVD, then tell them you can't get it to work in the radio. Problem solved!

11. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

My mom is 100% Puerto Rican, which means that I probably have African American, Native American/Caribbean, and perhaps European in me (PR had a very high rate of African Americans intermarrying hence the different skin type than you will see in Mexicans or even Cubans). Which means I am hispanic. My dad is 100% mutt from Kentucky... known as White but ancestors come from Scotland to Ireland to the USA. They were here in America to fight the American Revolution and was with Washington at the Battle of Yorktown (or so one book I read indicates).

My mom and I are planning on going back to PR next year. It will probably be her last time visiting.

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Pastor" Ahmadinejad Davis,

You aren't funny.

You probably need therapy.

Signed,

Everyone.

#52 StefanM, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Okay, folks, quit debating the guy. He's about done anyway; probably will be banned before the night is over.

Give him some credit, though. He fooled a lot of us for a while.

And give brother Ruiz some credit. He was the first one to spot him as a troll.

14. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

For the record, I said in my first message I thought he was trollin'.

Secondly, I hope you are right and they do ban him.

15. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

What have I done to be banned? Because some sicko has stolen my wifes favorite picture of me and is using it to post on that other website. That I cannot help. Seems a tad harsh as does the "troll" comments.

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Your wife's favorite picture of you happens to come from a stock image site?

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-5950323-witness.php

Also...you say you saw Beaches at the movies. That movie came out in 1988. You claim to be 33 years old. So, you saw beaches when you were 11? Sorry...not really an 11 year old's type of movie.

#56 matt wade, Jun 23, 2010
  17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ooohhh!!! The plot thickens!!!

18. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Image exceeds BB size limit

#58 StefanM, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  19. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I'm right, it is a troll! He was trollin'... gotta love it when you can call it on the first post!

Good research on that picture!

20. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

That's me! My wife was so enthralled with this picture that she took when we were on vacation, she donated it to istock. And I agree that Beaches was no movie for an 11 year old however my folks refused to take me to see Diehard.

#60 Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.