1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Child wants to see a Disney Movie.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

So you are saying we can work to earn our salvation.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Folks, I think we have been lead down the primrose path for 141 posts. When you have to say over and over again to a self proclaimed Baptist pastor that salvation is faith in the Lord Jesus and his finished work on the cross, and not our works, then something is wrong. When you have to say over and over again that salvation is eternal, and forever over and over again, something is really wrong. We are not talking about the usual debates on end times, creation, free will, and Bible versions, we are talking about pillars of our faith.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

RB, this is probably the smartest thing I've ever heard you say! :thumbs:

I've heard this before. It came from the lips of a friend of mine who belongs to the United Pentecostol denom. They call it being "prayed up". I call it a damnable heresy that keeps people in fear and from having joy in their faith. I don't recall fear being a fruit of the Spirit.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Saddest part of this thread: my attempt at sarcasm actually went by the boards and was even taken seriously. It must be the medication I'm on :)

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was wondering how many read what you wrote and thought that about you.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Probably quite a few, but as long as posters like you and the originator of this thread with an agenda spread the kind of nonsense that you do, it will not go unanswered. It is very odd that a person whose entire agenda is a constant rant against the SBC would accuse anyone of writing about something so much people would wish they would shut up.

#146 saturneptune, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tom,
    I caught what you were saying, the sad part is that I knew he would take it serious. ( i sure wanted a flying car too)

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, brother Davis has apparently gone the way of the banned dodo.

I did enjoy a good amount of the *ahem* discussion.

btw, we went to see disney movies with our kids growing up and one is a pastor now. I can still sing all the songs in all the parts to Mary Poppins.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So if you if you want to change people's minds then it is important to keep what you are doing? How many have you convinced? Suppose everyone of them are completely wrong. How many have you won by your attitude?

Seems that I recall reading Gal. 6:1 which is done by one who is spiritual. Do you qualify as one who is spiritual?

#149 gb93433, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  10. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

WOW... Just a suggestion, perhaps try exposition of a text next time instead of drifting well beyond observation into radical speculation... WOW... guess our annual tickets to Disney are basically one way tickets to damnation...

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Pilgrim, if you are Congregational attending a Congregational Church as your profile indicates then you should not be posting in the Baptist Only sections of the board.
    Please post in the appropriate sections of the board.

Thanks.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am not sure what your definition of spiritual is, but if you have ever bothered to read the book of Romans between your SBC rants, none of us are righteous. Everyone is sinful.

To answer your first paragraph, it depends on what you want to change their mind about. Have I ever changed anyone's mind about a relationship with the Lord? Not without the work of the Holy Spirit. I have been on plenty of visitations. Whether it produced fruit or not, I have no idea. Time will tell. That is about the only thing I would want to change someone's mind about.

Other issues such as Bible versions and end times, I will state my view and let it be. I would say there is very little chance of changing anyone's mind about issues such as these.

As far as my attitude towards this poster, it probably is not the best example. However, if you have noticed as of late, if you have managed to look beyone the "I hate the SBC circle," you will notice that new posters have been rampant in their confrontational posts from post one. There is a big difference in those wanting to debate, and those wanting to throw fire bombs.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Tom, it wasn't quite the saddest part, I don't think. I did catch it and almost said something about it, but figured the "pastor" wouldn't have understood what I was saying. Frankly, he wouldn't have cared either.

14. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Back to the OP, I saw Toy Story 3 last night and can't believe it has a G rating. This is a good movie but it is too violent and too intense for young children. It ought to have a PG or maybe even an R rating.

15. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see the OP as a resurgence of legalism. Its just that instead of food offered to idols we now have Disney.
    I think this verse applies to the OP his conscience is weak. And we who know better should understand that for this man most everything is sin. And so for him it is. God will teach him and we should take care not to make him stumble. Yet it is his legalistic slant that causes such views.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it because you are a liberal!! :laugh::smilewinkgrin:
    I think with this thread even someone called Rev Mitchell a liberal :1_grouphug:

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your Right There! Being a DAVIS myself I am wondering if this guy is from a Wesleyan or Anglican background. Originally the Davis people from Wales splintered off into many non-conformist churches. My own people went with Whitefield & became Calvinist Methodists, Baptists & Congregationalists. The point is that its entirely possible that this individual could really have the sentiments of the Arminian movement.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasnt the Sound Of Music a Disney Picture?

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldnt go see that movie, isnt that the one that show people flying! ....:tongue3:

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry this went WAAAAY past the 10-page rule. Thought the trolling would be ignored (as I opted to ignore the thread).

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.