1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My daughter's great update 4/11

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Apr 11, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, my daughter is still quite ill with the mass on her pancreas but we've had two answers to prayer:

1. She got into the Pancreas Center at New York Presbyterian Hospital - probably the BEST place for her to be. These are amazingly top doctors and they accepted her into the hospital - and all the insurance is taken care of!!

2. Yesterday, my husband felt led to pray and anoint her with oil as per James and he came up with a small amount of oil. He had thought of calling a few of the men but for some reason, he just came. Well, there was another man who had just gotten here who is in ministry and one of Bob's right hand men in the ministry at our new church and he was one of the men that he wanted to call! So the men prayed with her (as did their wives - I guess we have elderettes?? LOL), anointed her - and that was a turning point. She has not even been able to keep a sip of water down up to now but she ate her entire (clear liquid) breakfast and is now on her 3rd pack of crackers!! She's up and bored. What an incredible change when she was so sick and so weak!! Oh, praise God!!

So now the plan is to head to the city as soon as NY Presbyterian has a bed for her. I'll be staying in the city somewhere so I'm close by and then she'll have the biopsy done then surgery to remove that portion of her pancreas. Continued prayer is needed but it's so good to get a good report in this whole thing!! Thank you for all of the prayers so far!

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sitting up, keeping food down and bored sounds really good! That usually means something good is happening.

Continuing to pray for you all.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

PTL for boredom! (this is one of the few times she'll ever be thankful for that!)

4. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord!!! Sounds like quite an improvement. Will continue to pray.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I'm so happy to hear good news! Continuing to pray!!

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We're waiting for the ambulance to take her to NY now. :) She'll be there tonight!

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is so good! :jesus: I know that you all are feeling a little more peace. I'll continue to pray.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Tis the season for good news on pancreases! I'm glad she's feeling better with it, I'm sure that will make the trip better and the surgery a lot easier for her to go into.

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So glad to hear she's feeling better. Will continue to pray!

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for sharing with us all how God is working in your daughter's life!
    We want to thank the Lord for showing His mercy and grace on her and may this encourage all of our faith that God is going to guide the surgeron's hand to get a good biospy and to remove all of the
    portion from her pancreas.
    We are trusting You, Lord You are faithful all of the time!