1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My father-in-law

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Dec 1, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My husband's dad went to the doctor the week before Christmas because of difficulty breathing and they said that he had fluid on his lungs so he was scheduled for an outpatient procedure to drain it off. He had 2 liters drained the day before Thanksgiving. We saw him on Sunday and he was still short of breath and he ended up back in on Monday with more fluid. The first fluid they drained had no cancer cells but the second one did. We haven't gotten a clear diagnosis yet but it's looking like he has lung cancer with this "malignant pleural effusion". In looking online, that gives him just a few months to live. He's been healthy up until 2 weeks ago.

In addition, hubby's mom went into the hospital the next day with severe pain in her hips. She has bad bones and has had 3 hip replacements and was told she needed more surgery but she didn't have it yet. It's looking like she will be released in the next few days once she's able to get out of bed on her own.

Please pray for hubby's dad Bob and his mom Muriel. This is going to be a difficult next few months. A blessing is that they live in a retirement community that gives them the ability to move from their house to an apartment and my FIL can come home to the assisted living portion of it. Their meals are provided as is house cleaning and stuff. They have a good support system there as well as a great little church.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Oh, my I am so sorry for them and for your hubby!
    Yes, we sure pray for Bob and Muriel and for your hubby!
    It is great to hear that they have a good support system where they live and great supprt from their church too.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for all.....

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks all.

I realized I posted that this happened before Christmas but I meant Thanksgiving. This all has happened in the last week and a half.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It rains, it pours, we pray.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will do Ann.....stay strong for your husband.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers.....

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We just got the official diagnosis: stage 4 mesothelioma. My MIL asked if he will pass away before Christmas and the doctor said that he could but he didn't think it would be that fast - but not much longer than that.

Hubby will be going out there tomorrow to meet with the oncologist with his mom and dad and he's got some direct questions to ask. He and his mom are also beginning to figure out what they will do for his funeral. :(

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my, I'm so sorry. I'm just praying for all and for peace of mind. I'm praying that your father-in-law and wife and children and the rest of you all experience God's peace, mercy, and holy calm even during this shock and sadness.

10. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I'm so sorry, Ann. Praying for you all.