1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My favorite Bibles

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by baptistcross, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NKJV

NASV

NIV

KJV

AV 1611

GENEVA

Not necessarily in that order. Nothing against the HCSB or other quite new versions, but I believe that the above is sufficient for now.

2. 4risen1

4risen1 New Member

My favorites in order are: NASB In Touch/Stanley Wide Margin edition for note-taking, ESV Reformation Study Bible, NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, I also use the NIV Study Bible ...good notes!

3. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

My fave's are HCSB (to me, it's easier to read than the NIV), the NKJV, the NRSV (I know, gender neutral and all that, but other than that it really is a good translation), the KJV, and last but not least, the CPV :D

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

in terms of favorite translations...i primarily use the ESV for personal study and most of my preaching. I also use the Evidence Bible in "Comfort-able" KJV for devotional as well.

I frequently will use NASB, NIV, HCSB, NKJV and KJV during my studies to compare, and will occassionaly use them to preach.
    On occassion i will use CEV, the Message, or NLT during my teaching times to help show the meaning of a verse or passage more clearly.

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I normally use the NKJV, the KJV and the NASB, with occasional reference to the HCSB. Once in great while I refer to the NIV, but not very often. I also refer upon occasion to other literal translations, but I tend to avoid dynamic equivalence versions and I totally avoid paraphrases...

6. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

I just started having Jack Hyles flashbacks ... blank page - page of Bible - blank page - page of Bible - blank page - page of Bible ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.