1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My favorite weekend of the year

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Rubato 1, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

The last weekend of March is my favorite weekend of the year, because of March Madness' Final Four selections, the Basketball Playoff races and the prospects of opening days all over the ballparks of America! I can't wait to have to choose between Basketball playoff games or MLB games, Nascar or NCAA; even hockey is at its peak of interestingness at the end of march!

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely... the other weekend is when there are World Series games and the NFL but even that is not even close.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Shhhhhhhhhh keep it down around here. Dontcha know that TomVols needs it quiet around here as he mourns the loss of UT last night (and possibly Bruce Pearl's last game as coach:saint:)

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

No doubt Tom is probably a bit down - but what a clunker. I expected TN to show up for that game - esp vs Louisville. Count how many SEC teams are left in the tourney - not to hard 0, a big goose egg. At least it wasnt hard going to bed last night!

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I am in mourning about the lackluster performance. What are ya gonna do? you can't win if you shoot in the 30s and in the 20s from beyond the arc. Can't win when the other team gets to and converts from the FT line. I thought the bracket was going to set up nicely for UT, but with Lofton's injury and the PG by committee routine, UT was not on its game. To even be in the game late is a testimony these kids and to the staff. Yet neither are blameless. The players didn't perform and Pitino out-coached Pearl.

I am not worried about Pearl. He's given no indication he's interested in leaving though I do believe he'll listen to IU.

Still, regular season SEC champs and 31 wins and a #1 ranking? Not bad.

The SEC had a bruising seeding hand dealt to it. TN given a #2. Miss St having to play a one seed in its second game. So did ARK. Georgia gave Xavier all they wanted. Kentucky was fortunate to be in the game with Marquette. People say the SEC is down. How many ACC teams are left? The Southern Conference curently has more teams left than the SEC, yet no one seriousy believes they're better.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It did not surprise me that Louisville won, they are a very good team. However, it did surprise me to see Pitino outcoach Pearl.

7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Been some pretty big blowouts tonight with Memphis, Texas, Kansas and Davidson...wait, did i just say Davidson?!?!?! Anyone had them coming out of the 1st or 2nd round? I knew that some of the mid majors would be tough this year because them actually keeping players for 4 years and being able to build a team, but i didn't think Davidson would be one of them.

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Memphis Tigers, as they continue their march to the Final Four (unlike those pesky Vols!).

Also, congratulations to Davidson College. Curry is a beast.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

i've got 7 of the final 8 picked right...go figure, all but Davidson. I was expecting Georgetown to get to the Final 4 since they looked pretty good most of the year. Still pulling for Memphis though.