1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My final post!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 12strings, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Thanks to all for the good debates. I am bowing out of online debate for a few reasons:

1. My wife encouraged me to consider whether it was taking too much time and attention, and whether it was causing me to grow in Christ-likeness, or rather just make me feel prideful that I knew some stuff and could argue and wanted to prove I'm right.

2. She was right.

3. Usually, the conversations I have on here do not contribute to some better understanding of how to carry out my ministry to my wife, kids, and church...though some have, and i'm grateful for those, both those of you who agree & disagree with me have sharpened my thinking.

I leave you with the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite songwriters:

listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelSdWmqZyQ

In His Grip,
    -Andy

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to see you leave, as you were on ewho seemed to be able to put the 'petty things' aside here, and actually have real conversation on topics and issues!

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Sorry to see you go. I've enjoyed your posts and our interactions.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish you wouldn't leave. You were a voice of reason on this board and presented your positions with grace and clarity. You will be missed. God bless you and your music ministry.

(Feel free to come back anytime.)

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey Andy, you KNOW that #2 is always the truth, right? :tongue3:

You will be missed and please don't stay away forever. Come visit the fellowship stuff periodically!

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

12strings- I'll be sorry to see you go.

7. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your time here had some benefit.
    You learned:

1. We spend a lot of time on the BBoard.
    2. It sharpens our thinking.
    3. It rarely changes our ministry.
    4. The wife is always right.

Sorry to see you go - stop in once in a while.

Rob

8. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I came to that conclusion years ago. Getting involved in debates on here is a waste of time for me, since it seems no one is convinced anyway. It can drag you down. I refuse to debate on here.

However, I sometimes get involved in some discussions if I think I have something to contribute. Suggest you stay on here, but refuse to get involved in any debates, and contribute when you have something to add.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awww.... I always look for your posts on the BB. Even as I am now - with my students in P.E. class - I consider you one of the people that I enjoy reading.

I've learned things from you and admire your class and grace.

Darn...

Kim

10. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See you later. If you are ever in the pastoral ministries, the pastors forum on this website has been a real blessing to me. It is good to get a break from this place from time to time, but I always come back for the endless arguing about Calvinism and the occasional martial arts thread which usually degenerates into wanton stupidity and name calling as well.

One the greatest bits of advice I ever heard in the ministry "Thou shalt not hate the Lord's sheep for acting like sheep. They are HIS sheep. And they will act like sheep."

Thanks for the display of logic and reasoning, sir.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    12 Strings -
    We do not accept your resignation!

Be nice to your wife, let her visit her relatives every now and then
    That way you can come to BB!

Any other ideals

#11 Salty, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  12. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

You Will Be Missed

Andy...You and I have had our differences about the music thing but I do respect and love you as a brother and will miss your perspective. I kinda got to agree with drfuss that much of the debate here is a waste of time and for me it often brings about a measure of frustration because it often gets so polarized that nothing gets accomplished.
    However...that said...I have enjoyed MUCH good fellowship with many in this group of believers that we have here. It is not a "church" per/se but it is a part of the Body of Christ and as such there is great value in it. The biggest benefit I can talk of is that participating here has required me to dig into the Word of God many times to get me to confirm or deny things I have read here and as such, my understanding of God's Word has grown.
    While I can't disagree completely with your wife (I have one too)(the secret to a long and happy life is wrapped up in two words..."yes ma'am":laugh:), I do hope you'll at least "check in" and share a little fellowship with us every now and then. In any case...God Bless You Brother.

Bro.Greg:saint:

13. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Ditto What Salty Said!!!

Besides...I have FRIENDS in Indiana...Corydon to be exact...I'll have them hunt you down and make you come back!!!:smilewinkgrin:....Just kidding

But yes....be nice to your wife!

Bro.Greg:laugh:

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe it or not 12strings I hate to see you go. I think you're a true blue lover of Christ, His people, and His word, and, IMO, you've conducted yourself in a very Christian manner to which I salute you for.

Don't write us off forever, drop in from time to time and give some comment, it'll do you and others some good.

15. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

12strings wish you all the best. I enjoy this but you can tell by the number of my post that I don't live on here. I'm on some where between half an hour to four hour a week, you can spend to much time on this as one can do on many things.

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I wish you wouldn't go. But you have have shown me something I didn't know. And that's this: I know more than you do....na na na na na boo boo:tongue3: :wavey: :love2: :D In all seriousness, I pray that you go in the ways He directs you, and that will be in my prayers, as well.

17. awaken

awaken Active Member

Sorry to hear you are leaving! I enjoyed your post! You were one of few on here that even though we might not agree...YOu were still civil!

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Dear Mrs. 12Strings,

Please let your husband stay on the BB as he is a positive influence on us and we sure do need that!

:flower::flower::flower::flower:

19. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

As you corrected me on the song, I'll fly away. i will always think of you when i sing it, but i probably won't sing it. :wavey:

20. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Best wishes, but didn't you do this before?