1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My First Published Book: Into the Tempest

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Loopie, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Loopie

Loopie New Member

Hi Everyone!

I would like to announce that I just recently published my first book (and hopefully not my last), titled Into the Tempest. The book is a Christian fiction novel that I have been working on for about two years now. Personally, I never thought I would write a fiction novel, and in fact my intention was to focus on writing non-fiction books that address theological topics. I still plan on doing that at some point, but for now I began my writing career with fiction.

My motivation for writing the book came from my studies of the Soviet Union, particularly in its persecution of Christians. I considered some of the parallels between the Soviet system and what seems to be the direction of the United States (such as the demand for absolute separation of church and state). The book itself is set in the near-future, where it is illegal for minors to be exposed to religious instruction due to it being viewed as a form of abuse. It is within this environment that we follow three characters who each come from different walks of life and hold to different worldviews, but who are ultimately changed as their paths cross.

In the end, my goal in writing the book was to utilize fiction in order to highlight some of the rather interesting parallels between the United States and the Soviet Union. In some ways we are already on a path that will likely end up with Christians experiencing a greater level of persecution, although I do not believe that it will become nearly as severe as what took place under the Soviet regime. I hope though that those who read my book will be motivated to think critically about what might happen, and what is already happening, in the United States.

Anyways, if you are interested in learning more about my book, please visit the website for the novel:

http://www.intothetempest.com/

The book is available in major stores such as Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. It is also available in an e-book version.

I truly do look forward to receiving feedback from all of you regarding my book, since that is probably the best way that I can improve as a writer. I also hope that you will recommend it to others if you find it to be edifying. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  2. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Congratulations on your first book. Hope the best for you. Its a hard business trying to sell print these days, but in the Christian market, fiction seems to attract more attention.

Interesting, I was just reading a book from the beginning of the cold war era that addresses some of these issues.

3. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

Congratulations of the publishing of your first book. That is a huge accomplishment. Thanks for the link. I am going to check it out. All the best to you!