1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Former Church Is...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

...without a pastor!

Please pray for Bible Baptist Church of Clarksville TN. I was a member of this church for some 20+ years prior to moving to Nashville.

This past Sunday (08/31/08) that church's pastor (and a former Bible college classmate of mine), Emmett Sexton, resigned as pastor.

I remember that prior to Bro. Sexton's being voted as her new pastor, we were without a pastor for more than a year.

Please pray for the people of this church as they seek God's direction and leadership in searching for a new pastor.

As someone once told me years ago, "A church without a pastor is a non-prophet organization."

2. Apreacher4Him

Apreacher4Him New Member

Yes I will pray~!

I am very interested and burdened for this!

I know we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves,but in my
    heart it is sad to see more and more churches "looking for candidates" like it is a place of business!

May the Spirit lead your former Church congregation in all wisdom
    Amen!

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for a new pastor at BBC in Clarksville, TN.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for a new pastor.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly the church is in my prayers.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find this an interesting statement. We are between pastors, but have a terriffic interim pastor and I would say that we are not a non-p-rophet organization at all. In fact, we are organized such that the laity is heavily involved in all aspects of the church and if we had no pastor at all I believe we would be a prophet organization. Why? Because if a person is a Christian, they are a minister. The pastor's job is to prepare the other ministers in the church for their ministeries in the world.

I do pray that this church will find the right person for their continued work and may the time until then be used for spiritual growth of the members of the church.

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: and that the Lord will provide a pastor for this church .