1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My initial thoughts on Eternal Security by Charles Stanley

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 15, 2012.

1. gators_2006

gators_2006 New Member

We have touched on this many times in Sunday School class. Call it what you want, I'm not all that when it comes to the terms used, but one who is truly saved, within time, should show a difference in their life and works. They understand that with Christ in them, that they are to strive to be more like him. It may take a day or two, or even months or a few years before a change can be seen, primarily due to living conditions, background, etc.... but point of the matter is that they are deepening their faith and pursuing to be a better child of God and have truly handed their hearts over into the Lords hands.

Then you have those that claim to be saved, but never, ever try to let Christ take over their life. They were saved after a retreat, great sermon, camp, etc........ We call these the emotionally saved. Where they were so caught up in the emotions of the present time, that they wanted to be saved but never truly put their hearts into it. We warn our youth about this before summer camp. Not to let their emotions get the best of them and be saved because of it, because it felt like the right thing to do, but to be truly open and honest and let Christ come into their hearts.

Understand what I'm getting at?