1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My new IFB site is up?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by IfbReformer, Apr 21, 2003.

1. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

It only has a few pages on it so far, but I will be adding more articles each week as time permits(I work a full time job as a computer programmer so I will be working on it in my spare time.)

I had the idea for this site about a year ago and and I had a site up previously but it had a lot of technical problems.

I have had to learn html,asp and javascript for my job as a programmer in the last year(I was doing strictly VB,VBA and oracle SQL if anybody in here knows what those are.) So I completely re-wrote my site.

I have received many private messages from those of you IFBs who felt exactly the way I do about reform that is needed in our IFB churches.

I hope you will all give me feedback on the site both cosmetically and theologically.

I have researched and written alot over the last 8 to 10 years but much of it I have lost so I will be doing complete re-writes.

Take a look and email me or post your thoughts here.

The address is www.ifbreformation.org

Thanks

IFBReformer

2. Wygal

Wygal New Member

I've already been checking in, and so far I think it's looking good. I will check back as you get more on there. Thanks. [​IMG]

3. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Hey! This website of yours is REALLY good! I read your synopsis of the history & problems of IFB fundamentalism-- and completely agree. From a Sovereign Grace Independent Baptist (being, myself), this was a really good article. Many of the churches like the one I am a member of don't necessarily adhere to the 'arminian' IFB movement because of the reasons you spelled out.

You have a job in computer programming? I took a diploma program in a computer technical school (The Chubb Institute) in 2001 in the same programming languages you work with, but I've been completely unable to find work in that area (like, I sent out over 1100 resumes without getting a job offer!). Unfortunately, the job market in that area is very difficult to get into, especially for a 'novice' programmer like myself. I created a website for my church, and it's at www.gbcbradenton.com , where I used a little of that programming knowledge and put it to good use.

Again, and excellent website you have!

LRL71 "Larry Lawton"

4. LauraB

LauraB New Member

5. Surrender To Jesus

Surrender To Jesus New Member

Hey Laura....I know that church. In fact...I go there! That's my local/new testament, independent, KJBAV1611 Believing, Sin Hating, Sinner Loving, Mission Minded, Baptist church! [​IMG]

6. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Surrender to Jesus,

One thing I like about your church, you won't be left in the dark on what they believe. Despite the fact that I disagree with half of it, at least you are upfront. I have been doing a little web research on finding a new church in a new area I will be moving to and I have to email some preachers to ask what they believe, since there web pages are so ambiguous.

7. LauraB

LauraB New Member

HIIIII NATE... [​IMG]

8. LauraB

LauraB New Member

Pete,

Your right about one thing.. we are upfront. We don't sugar coat anything, and we don't make things up. You may not agree with us as you said, but we teach the Bible... Is there any other way?? I think not.

9. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

LauraB,

Of course there is no other way then to simply teach the Bible. It would just appear that when we both simply read it, it seems to be meaning different things to us. One of us is wrong and one of us is right, plain and simple. Oh, and plain and simple I am right :D

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

LauraB, your statement would be more accurate if you said you teach FROM the Bible. JW's teach the Bible. They are as selective as KJVOs but they still teach the Bible. The problem is that they do not teach the WHOLE Bible.

How many times this year has your preacher mentioned the KJV being superior to all other versions in some way? How many times has he preached on divorce, end times, bitterness, lust, etc? The emphasis in your church is about the Bible and not actually the truth found in the Bible.

11. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Oh and by the way, if your preacher isn't using a thinline edition, it is just a perversion.

12. LauraB

LauraB New Member

Daniel David,

To answer your question, I have heard my pastor preach on all the subjects you had listed. We are a KJVO IFBC.

Pete,
    As far as you being right or wrong. I really don't think it is a matter of that. One Bible is right and one Bible is wrong. Mine is right!! NIV leaves verses out, oh how convenient!! "We don't like what the Bible says about this subject, so we will write a new Bible and just leave these parts out. " Yea, ok. Gods Word, is Gods Word, we should read ALL of it, not just what we feel like reading.
    Sorry Pete, your Bible is the wrong one.... [​IMG]

I had to go back and edit, I mispelled a word and I didn't want to be graded again on my grammar..

13. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

LauraB,

Its amazing how a post about a new website can turn into a "whose translation is best debate" (but if you are asking, my vote is for the NIV - it does not add verses and phrases like the KJV) but whose asking right?

But for those of you who are KJV only I will have some new articles on my site shortly dealing with this issue. I invite you all to check them out.

On one other note - I just want to say how much I have enjoyed having discussions in this forum - I may only be reading them for a while as I am trying to get more articles on my site.

I think this board is an excellant opportunity to know what the other side thinks on the issues.

IFBReformer

14. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

LRL71,

Thanks for the complements - it is a lot work doing it but I feel like I am helping people and that is good. I used to play games alot in my spare time after work - but the Lord showed me that was such a waste of time - not that I don't ever play anymore - but it is much less.

Now I am devoting a great deal of my time to putting together studies I have done over the last 10 years and putting them into articles for my website.

The way I look at, even if not many people see my site - even if no one saw my site except my own family that would be good enough.

I kind of want my site to be a record for my children of what I studied out and believed on the Bible and the Christian life.

But if other people can benefit from it as well than that will just be an added blessing.

By the way, on the job question - as you know the economy is not doing all that well - although it is picking up.

But even when it does pick up - it is hard getting your first programming job - sometimes you have take a lesser job like a technical support job the way I did, and do some programming for that company on the side just to get experiance.

But once you get some real experiance - like I have about 3 years at this company - I can go to a lot more places once the economy gets better.

IFBReformer

15. LauraB

LauraB New Member

IFBReformer,

Your right, it is amazing how a simple post can turn into a debate, but as long as people have different views, there will always be a debate. Each thinks they are right so there will NEVER be peace.

But you know what they say about opinions... I won't say so because I am a christian woman, but I sure know what they say... :eek:

16. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Attention everyone posting in this forum. Remember that the board has a versions forum so if you feel the need to denounce a certain version that is the place to do it. Please refrain from bashing another version on this forum.

Murphy

17. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Murph, I was thinking the same thing. There is a time and a place to discuss what version to use. This is not a subject that fundamentalists should be discussing. It has no relevance to us.

Don't even get me started on salvation. :rolleyes: