1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Obama Fears

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Oct 31, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

My biggest fears if Obama goes on to win this election:

1. I am afraid he will destroy our military.

Democrats fear our military and rightly so. It is 90% republican to start with. Then don’t forget that they have pledged their loyalty not to a flag or a president but to the CONSTITUTION of the United States. The democrats would love to blot out parts of that constitution (like free speech, religion, and the right to bear arms). That by definition makes them enemies of the military.

I am afraid Obama will destroy our military. He can do that easily by implementing 3 things. First he is going to eliminate the ban on Homosexuals. Seems harmless enough, why not let the homosexuals serve, we have accepted them in every other part of our society, why not the military? Well besides my personal view that it is sin it would destroy the moral and welfare of the military. The close quarters soldiers live and work in and the personal relationships within a combat unit would make this idea horrible.

Second is to lift the ban on women in combat positions. This would kill combat units in the same way lifting the homosexual ban would as far as housing and relationships. It would also introduce soldiers to combat teams that could not pull their fair share. Then you have the media presentation of female soldiers being killed or captured. Everyone remember the hysteria over Jessica Lynch? Now factor in hygene problems, pregnancy problems, and take the sexual tension of allowing homosexuals into combat units and multiply it a hundred fold.

Third, the final step will be to reinstitute the draft. Democrats have championed this for years as a way to ensure that the trials of the military are paid for equally by all segments of our society. The truth is poor kids are more likely to join the military because it provides them a path out of poverty. They want something better for themselves and are willing to work for it. Introduce a generation of spoiled rich kids who don’t want to be there to the military. Instead of volunteers working to bring democracy to other countries we have liberal kids who are forced to go there by their government. Opposition to any military action would soar. Our military would be gone.

2. I am afraid he would destroy our sovereignty.

I can see one of the first steps a democrat controlled congress would take would be to naturalize 20 million illegal immigrants. They would owe their citizenship to the democrat party and would vote democrat for the rest of their lives. Democrats would control all three branches of government for the next 50 years.

Obama wants to reach out to other nations. Does he realize that most nations of the world would like to destroy us? He will allow international law to take precedent over American law.

3. I am afraid he would destroy our healthcare system.

We don’t have a healthcare crisis, we have an insurance crisis. What we need is less government interference, not more. The only step the government could take would be to limit litigation. That way lawyers like John Edwards would not be able to shut down hospitals and drive doctors out of practice like he did right here in my hometown.

What Obama plans to do with our healthcare is going to drive doctors out of the practice and create a real healthcare crisis. Right now you can go to the doctor you just can’t afford to pay for it. Under Obama’s plan you will have plenty of money because there will be no doctor there for you to give it to.

4. I am afraid he will destroy our industry and economy.

American workers are the best in the world but our manufacturing cannot compete. Why is that? Because we have to much government interference with our economy. We have OSHA and EPA and other regulatory agencies attacking industry on a regular basis. We have payroll taxes and mandatory health insurance.

Obama claims most of us will get a tax break, but he plans to increase taxes on our employers. Does he realize who it is that pays us every week? Increase taxes on them and it decreases our pay.

Then the biggest tax increase of all we have to look forward to, inflation. Through this bailout we have put our government in a position to make trillions if home prices and inflation go sky high. And we the people will pay for it. Not through our taxes but through a higher cost of living, a higher cost on everything we buy. And most people will never even realize it. These trillions will of course be spent on vote buying social welfare programs. Homelessness and unemployment will also climb as business shut down and the cost of housing goes up. But government welfare will help those poor people.

5. I am afraid he will destroy our freedoms.

The first one he is going to attack is our freedom of speech. He has to shut up anyone that disagrees with him. Look at him today throwing reporters of his plane if their employer had endorsed McCain. They will use the fairness doctrine to shut down every media that does not support the government. We will end up with a total media monopoly by the government.

In order for this to work they are going to start censoring and limiting the internet as a news source. They will also seek to silence all religious speech. Freedom of religion will of course be championed, as long as that religion is something other than Christianity. They will make a big deal promoting tolerance of other religions while our right to exercise Christianity will be limited. They will of course go after the children first trying to limit our ability to raise our children to believe as we do.

Once we are silenced they can disarm us and then remove our legal rights as they see fit.

Well those are my fears. Please you Obama lovers. Please tell me I am wrong and how these things will not come to pass.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Justified fears!

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I share your concerns, but I don't think it's as quite as bad as you portray. I do think they will go hard at enacting the Fairness Doctrine, and they might succeed. You know what would happen then? All the talk radio would migrate to satellite radio, which would make it more expensive for all of us, but the dissent will still be there. Monitoring the internet will much harder for them, though. I think the dissent on the Internet will be going strong. Also consider that Obama, if elected, will barely get 50% of the vote, so it's not like there is a super-majority out there willing to just let him have free reign. And lastly, remember that we get to elect a whole new House of Reps in just two short years. If Obama and Congress try to overreach, I can see 1994 happening all over again. Two years is a very short timeframe for him to try to enact all of his agenda.

And P.S. - I don't think this thing is quite over yet. Last week, I would have given McCain about a 5% chance. Now I think he is up to around 20%. Still a long shot, but there are signs that he is getting back into it.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 27
    1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    2When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
    3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

McCain will win it.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree, NCT, but the masses either don't care, or more likely, they hate Bush so much they can't (won't?!) see what is happening in plain view. Then again, some are just stupid enough to buy his silver-tongued oratory - obvious deceit to any discerning listener!

I have no idea the order of Obama's destruction of the country, but undoubtedly one of the first goals will be the disarming of the general populace. Probably some minor start like the attempted disarming of the citizens of N.O. that was rebuffed by the NRA. Then when that can be done successfully, there will be another "crisis" (manufactured of course) that will let this same scenario be accomplished on a larger scale, and on & on until there will be so few citizens left that still have firearms that he will then be bold enough to declare the 2nd obsolete with impunity.

'Course once the 2nd is gone,it won't be any big problem for the 1st to be rendered obsolete; nor the rest of the constitution for that matter.

At any rate, whether this scenario is accurate or no, the overall effect will be the same, and only the blind or the willingly gullible cannot see it.

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

In order for him to win it, McCain has to win all of these swing states:

OH
    FL
    MO
    NV
    CO
    VA
    NC

He cannot afford to lose any of those states, unless he pulls off a surprise in PA. Assuming no surprise in PA, I think that is a big uphill battle for him to win all of those states above. It would be a feat for him to win even 5 or 6 of them. But just one loss among the 7, and it is over.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Relying on the polls would be foolish. And McCain is gaining ground every where

9. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Just Vote how Christ leads you and PRAY!! I believe that is why Kerry didn't win and if my memory is correct wasn't he projected to win also by the "POLLS"?

So just BELIEVE in MIRACLES!!!

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

McCain has been written off more than once during this campaign cycle. In either January, or February, or both, his primary campaign was left for dead. During this Presidential campaign, he's been written off more than once as well. McCain has so many things working against him (highly unpopular President in his own party, highly popular opponent in the opposition party, bad economy), but he's so resilient that he's making this election turn out to be much closer than it really should be.

11. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I agree that it is closer than it should be, when you consider all the things going against McCain, including the biased mainstream media which is completely in the tank for Obama. If the Dems had not run such a radical liberal like Obama, they would have received over 60% of the vote easily.