1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Pick for John mcCain's VP What's yours?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by givengrace, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givengrace

givengrace New Member

2. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Me.

Because I could use the job!

:laugh:

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I have heard Colin Powell's name come up but I sort of doubt that he would accept if he were asked. It would cause me to give stronger consideration towards the McCain ticket though.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Senator McCain wants my vote he would have to pick Congressman Ron Paul. He won't. He most likely will pick Mitt Romney, although I wouldn't rule out Joe Lieberman or Tom Ridge. It will interesting to see the conservative Christians' reaction if he picks Romney, a Mormon, or Lieberman or Ridge who are pro-choice.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I think Romney, Leibermen and Ridge are all to controversial. I look for him to pick some dark horse that is safe.....probably one that noone expects.

I know McCain has a rep as a maverick, but this is too important a decision for him to buck the party too much.

I like Huckabee, but even is he is too polarizing...so I dont know know who would be the best, it is a tough call, much harder than obamas choice if you ask me.

AJ

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The safe pick is Governor Pawlenty but the Republican leadership is afraid that Senator Biden would destroy him in the VP debate due to his lack of foreign policy experience.

7. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Maybe you should read the link I attached. sorry if you did but it didn't appear to me that you did. Because all three you mentioned didn't get much of a vote.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That article was written on February 12. It is now out-of-date.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I thought you weren't a one issue voter. Is this yet another example of Ken talking out of both sides of his mouth?

You profess to be for Ron Paul (before you were for Obama, before you were against Obama, and then apparently for him again ... It is getting tough to remember who you are for, but then it isn't necessary since it will likely change before the week is out) ... anyway, you profess to be for Paul and then say you are seriously considering voting for the guy in the race that is the farthest away from Paul.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I think McCain-Powell would be a strong ticket.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as we know at this point, Colin Powell has not even endorsed Senator McCain and may end up voting for Senator Obama, as far as we know.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. Senator Obama is closer to Congressman Paul on foreign policy and civil rights than Senator McCain is to Congressman Paul.

#12 KenH, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that I have convinced my wife to be an Obama supporter I have hemmed myself in. :)

14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I think J.C. Watts would be the best choice for McCain's VP.

McCain/Watts 08!:thumbs:

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had made the suggestion a number of months ago that a Fred Thompson/J.C.Watts team would have been great.

16. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Now that is a good idea.....a solid conservative. Is he still in congress?

AJ

17. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

This very mean spirited to say for a Pastor and Mod

This comes off very mean spirited to say for a Pastor and Mod why not speak to the topic rather than attacking a fellow brother in Christ, I am disappointed in you and the use of the title Pastor my Pastor would never speak to me this way. I do not know KenH that well but he has provided some much need break from the constant negativity of posts that to be quite honest come off as propaganda ploys to just bombard people.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Just do a little searching and you will find that this is commonplace for Larry.

19. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Then that is sad

Then that is sad, when you are given the title of Pastor it comes with great responsibility and not to be taken lightly, there was no need to belittle Ken he has a right to change his mind, all I am saying KenH has shown some much needed relief from the constant bombardment of idealouges with the great music
    tucked between all the negativity.

How could someone like you or I ever attend his church if we know he will speak to us in this manner.

to the Topic sorry for the rant it just bothered me to hear a Pastor speak like that.

I think McCain will choose Romeny because of Michigan but how that turns out is anyones guess , it will leave them open to the
    Morman question, abortion flip flop, eliteism, and two wealthy guys against two unwealthy guys for the Republicans to swallow.

#19 YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  20. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

First, you don't know me very well, and for you to judge me as mean spirited is, quite frankly, mean spirited. You have no idea the tone of voice I would say such a thing with, nor do you know that I am quite likely among the most easy going, fun loving, easy to get along with people on this board. I am a pastor and I take that very seriously. If you would like to call me sometime, I would love to talk to you and get to know you. I use the name "Pastor Larry" only because "Larry" was taken, and I don't like cheesy screen names. My name is Larry and that's what I go by.

Second, if you knew KenH very well, you would know that what I said was absolutely true. Go back and start reading his posts and see how many times he changes his position back and forth. So a little good-natured ribbing about the truth is hardly mean-spirited. I like Ken. I think he is misguided in his thinking and he makes himself an easy target for these kinds of good-natured jabs by constantly changing positions. It's a fact of life. It is not mean-spirited in the least. And something almost identical was pointed out in another thread with people laughing at it and rightly so. It is funny.

In the end, I don't care who Ken votes for.

So I would encourage you not to be judgmental and mean-spirited. If you were that way in my church, I would address it with you from a biblical perspective.

As an aside, I wonder if you will respond to Dragonfly the way you responded to me. He is pretty constantly cutting me down as he did here while making no contribution to the topic (as you complained that I didn't). I notice that you didn't take offense at all to his comments which seems a bit inconsistent.

It doesn't really bother me since I don't know him and don't take this board very seriously in terms of personal relationships. He and I have political disagreements and too often those cloud people's responses and judgment. I wish he would back off a little and look at substance and read things a bit more charitably and with less of a chip on his shoulder than he does. But some people are just given to be negative about everything and he may be one of them. It's one of the reasons I don't participate here a lot anymore.

#20 Pastor Larry, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.