1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My Political Views.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no point in attempting to rely as you appear to have no interest in a real, rational discussion. I have answered your question. That you either do not, or appear to refuse to understand there is no point in answering again and again and again and again in perpetuum.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have not answered that question. First you say legality and morality are separate-- and tell one poster he must "start another thread" if wants to discuss the morality of one issue-- while you, of course, don't, since you did discuss both. What you have 'answered' is that you insist othersfollow rules that you don't.

You said, "Party affiliation means little to me." Answer this then: of what parties were the candidates you voted for in the last 4 elections for which you cast a vote for president, senator, representative, governor, and state legislator?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some Republicans, some Democrats.

How about you. Did you vote a straight party line?

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I read the name of every candidate for every office up for election, and vote only in those races I know something about. I think I've voted for one Independent and all the rest Republicans for many years. The last time I remember voting for a D was for Congressman Ralph Hall, who switched and became an R some time ago. My point being made: nobody gets my vote for having, or for not having, a party affiliation by his/her name.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I generally vote Row C - but then again NY has the fusion ballot.
    and I am involved with our county party

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, you missed your big chance to call for help here. Hillary, the most qualified person ever to be President has said that the unborn child, which the intellectuals call a "fetus", has no Constitutional rights. As you say, Crabtown, it is just sort of like a blob of tissue.

But you are right, Crabtown, abortion has been legal for a long time no--nearly as long as slavery was legal after 1776 and it is the law and there is no change in sight and it is time to move on and you are not really pro-life like some Fundamentalist or some Evangelical who confuses legality with morality. No the American Supreme Court has made murder of the fetus, as you say, legal. It's a matter of money. And there is precedent, as you pointed out above, in that other nations have legalized the "abortion" of unwanted people. Yes, Crabtown, you are right that abortion has been legal for almost four score and seven years, with no change in sight and it's the law.:Alien:Alien:Alien

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Church Mouse, please cite CBT's post were he clearly states he favors abortion. Logical inferences are not acceptable.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So
    Wow, logical inferences are not acceptable. Why don't you close down CBT's "pro-life" thread because abortion is the law of the land? When do you think that a human being becomes a human being? Do you agree with Hillary that the unborn child has no constitutional rights?

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG, this post does not comply with my request. Either cite verbatim or by linkage. This request isn't about me and my beliefs. It is about whither or not you can cite substantive evidence of your accusation(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to have missed the point. Here it is again, "please cite CBT's post were he clearly states he favors abortion."

You seem to have missed the point. Here it is again, "please cite CBT's post were he clearly states he favors abortion."

The clock is ticking.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I never said that CBT was pro-abortion. CBT said that I said that.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do as you please. I found the mission statement of the National Right to Life organization--I think that that is a better definition of pro-life than the Supreme Court ruling.

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CBT said that I said that he was pro-abortion--I said that he was pro-choice. I never said that he was pro-abortion so why are you asking me to prove where he said something that I never said that he said--that's rhetorical, okay?

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So am I. You may be the voice of one crying in the wilderness, to use a Scriptural analogy.

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did he say that?

Sounds like you said it.

Oh, stop it! Don't try to play childish semantic games. "Pro-Choice" and "Pro-Abortion" are the same thing. "Pro to choose to abort a baby."

Now stop arguing with the Admins and clean up your act. Last warning.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See, I neither agree nor disagree with you because I have not looked into those definitions in detail although my instinct is that they are not the same because I think that you should call people what they call themselves among other reasons. In fact, I never use the term "pro-abortion" at all. And for the record, I agree with Hillary legally.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm...

Must be nice. That opens up the possibilities for all kinds of moral disconnects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. Some do actually believe their morality should not play a part in their voting. A very liberal idea, IMO.

I had this argument in my Psychology class in college a few years ago. A woman said she believes abortion is murdering a child BUT that she doesn't believe she has the right to tell others what to do in that situation. She went on to say the child is dependent on the mother for life and therefore the mother should have the choice and she shouldn't be imposing her morals on another.

I said a 2 year old life is also dependent on it mother so by your reasoning not to impose your morality is it okay if she doesn't want to care for it to chop it up with an ax? Would you be willing to impose your morality in such a situation? You think abortion is murder, but don't believe you've made a moral decision when you don't stand up against it???

Any civilized society makes laws based on the population's morality and impose these laws on others. Examples: polygamy, incest, pedophilia, etc. We make these laws and form our political choices based on our individual morality, the real question is then, what do you base that morality on? I don't think a Christian should be basing it on the "wisdom" of the world or separating their Christian beliefs from their decisions ... I guess that makes my political views based on Conservatism...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it amazing that homosexuals who demand rights for themselves do not fight for the rights of those who want to practice polygamy.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to mention polyandry. Americans now postulate that gender is a social construct and that there are some 50 genders--I didn't listen to the GOP speech by the gay billionaire. A lot of people say that the unborn child is not a human being and thus they vote Democrat without any qualms. Others think that the Supreme Court never errs. Some think that the country is overcrowded and that abortion is a means to cull the population of undesirables. The bloodbath will continue until a constitutional amendment is passed defining the unborn child as having full constitutional rights. Don't look for America to act soon on this matter of life and death.