1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Position on the Fourth Commandment

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr. Walter, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Truth is, God's first token of mercy and grace and Divine CARE AND LOVE AND SYMPATHY - even promise of FORGIVENESS of sin -, was when God COMMANDED Adam and his wife against not trusting and believing HIM and LOVING HIM with all their heart and mind and power BEFORE by falling for the lie of the devil they ate of the tree of good and evil.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

.... which is not completely true, you know ..... there are many observations of mine in answer to this 'question' which you simply and repeatedly ignore as if I never placed them before your eyes.

And, dear Doctor, not because I am not able to; but because I have not been able to seeing most of the time I had to wait until you and DHK have finished your rhetoric.

... So, slowly now .... I have scarcely begun....

#22 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
  3. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

What complete nonsense! You confuse God's plan/purpose of redemption for Adam and Eve with their actual condition and state before the fall. True they were objects of mercy and grace within God's eternal purpose of redemption but that begs the issue. They were not subject to mercy and grace before the fall. It was a sinless creation at THE END of day six. Day six concludes with those words "very good." Day seven commemorates the conclusion from ALL HIS WORKS and there was no sin.

Anyone reading the creation account can easily see the terms and conditions prior to the fall was based upon WORKS - do this and thou shalt die dont do this and thou shalt live. Grace does not come into this picture until after their fall (Gen. 3:15).

Anyone reading the fourth commandment can see the complete nonesense of your denial that the Sabbath commemorates the "very good" work of creation. All you have to ask is one thing to expose your fallacy! That one question is "from WHAT did God rest"? It commemorates God's "rest" from all His works in six days - all of which is summarized at the close of the sixth day which works were "very good." The fourth commandment is all about the creation in six days, its goodness, its completeness -God rested because His works were finished. In Hebrews 4:3-4 - we enter by faith into the same kind of rest - a very good work - a finished work - a completed work of Jesus Christ - thus resting from ALL OUR OWN WORKS. Anyone who is still working for their salvation as Adam and Eve were PRIOR to the fall have not entered into God's rest. The creation Sabbath commemorates a finished, completed and very good work by God without the help, participation or works of man. All who believe in the gospel enter into a SINLESS STATE before God called Justification by faith. Eventually all who believe in the gospel will enter a SINLESS STATE not merely positionally but practically in spirit soul and body in a NEW creation of a new heaven and earth.

#23 Dr. Walter, May 29, 2011
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Re:
    Dr Walter,

I never said the words "very good" were spoken on the seventh day. I said the sabbath commemorated a finished work upon which God concluded with "very good" and that is exactly what Genesis 1:31 states and I quote:
    And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
    The Sabbath commemorates EVERY THING God made and this statement concludes the sixth day proving Satan could not have possibly fallen on the sixth day because if Satan had fallen before the conclusion of the sixth day, God could never have said at the closure of that day "very good."”

GE:

You never said, “the words "very good" were spoken on the seventh day”? Well then, what are you saying HERE, quoting YOU, “The original Sabbath commemorated a SINLESS creation where God could say "very good"”?! “Where”, was that? “Where” – according to YOU – “The original Sabbath commemorated a SINLESS creation”. Come on now ….

And here, you RECTIFIED and in the process, CONTRADICTED, yourself (emphasis GE),
    “I said the sabbath commemorated a finished work upon which God concluded with "very good" and that is exactly what Genesis 1:31 states and I quote: … And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning WERE, the SIXTH day.”

Re:
    Dr Walter,
    The Sabbath commemorates EVERY THING God made and this statement (Genesis 1:31) concludes the sixth day proving Satan could not have possibly fallen on the sixth day because if Satan had fallen before the conclusion of the sixth day, God could never have said at the closure of that day "very good."”

Subtle subterfuge again!

Now it is I who never said “Satan had fallen … on the sixth day … before the conclusion of the sixth day”. Quote me as I quoted you, Dr Walter, saying it?!

I said subterfuge, because you thus with SPINNING try to avoid the reality which we are supposed, Dr Walter, to speak about— the historical fact Adam and Eve had fallen in sin, question mark, ‘On which Day-of-the-week the creation-week’? …. On the Day-of-the creation-week “BEFORE” (– YOUR word, Dr Walter, my capital letters –) “BEFORE the conclusion of” it – it, “the sixth day” – WITHOUT “CONTINUANCE IN GOOD WORKS by Adam and Eve” after it, or, “based upon CONTINUANCE IN GOOD WORKS by Adam and Eve” AFTER it?

That then brings us to the second ‘point’ of your subterfuge …. and it is, subtle, subterfuge. That ‘point’ is, your silent deceit to without ado assert that “God … said AT THE CLOSURE of that day "very good."”; “this statement (Genesis 1:31) CONCLUDES the sixth day”. (Emphsis GE)

Your silent deceit is to allege, “God … said … "very good"”, to “conclude”, “the sixth day”. Meanwhile you have JUST QUOTED “exactly what Genesis 1:31 states…: … And God saw every thing _THAT HE_, had made, and, behold, _it_, was very good. And the evening and the morning WERE, the SIXTH day.”
    GOD’S work that began with the Sixth Day, did not end with the Sixth Day’s end. EVERYTHING RECORDED DONE BY ADAM AND EVE through Genesis 1 and 2, is what the Sixth Day-of-the creation-week was ended with.

And then as the sun as God had appointed it to do “ruled” the Sixth Day-of-the creation-week ended and over with — sunset—,
    Genesis 3:8 continues with GOD’S works through Jesus Christ Saviour, of and on the Seventh Day WHEREWITH “God blessed” “The Seventh” and “Sabbath Day”, and WHEREFORE God “sanctified and set it apart”, and WHEREIN God “finished”, and in finishing, “RESTED”… 2:2,3 …_IN CHRIST_ and _THROUGH CHRIST_ : FULFILLED according to the history of Salvation contained in Genesis chapter 3!

These were the WORKS OF REST of Grace and Mercy of God on the first of all subsequent Sabbaths and Seventh-Days-of-the-week.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I, GE, said:

There exists no break or gap in chronological sequence between the DAYS, as there exists no break or gap between the EVENTS of the couple’s SIN on the Sixth Day of their creation and God’s GRACE on the Seventh Day after.

Doctor Walter answered:

What complete nonsense!

GE:
    Alright, Dr Walter, Q-U-O-T-E the gap; Q-U-O-T-E what filled it in!

6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You pervert my words as much as you pervert God's Word. You misquote Genesis 1:31 by leaving out the words "everything" and you deny the sixth day CONCLUDES with the words "very good" and you fail to see the direct connection between Genesis 1:31 and Genesis 2:1 which in turn is the basis for the santification and blessing of the creation sabbath.

You quote my exact words and in my exact words there is no mention of God saying "very good" on the seventh day. I simply state that the seventh day institution of the Sabbath is the consequence of those words spoken at the end of the sixth day in verse 31 and taken over into Genesis 2:1 which introduces the sabbath observance. Can't you read what you wrote and repeated me saying??????? Here read what you wrote and what I said:

QUOTE=Gerhard Ebersoehn;1686009] “The original Sabbath commemorated a SINLESS creation where God could say "very good"”?! “Where”, was that? “Where” – according to YOU, QUOTE – “The original Sabbath commemorated a SINLESS creation”. Come on now ….[/QUOTE]

Where was that? It is in Genesis 1:31-2:1 which forms the closure of the sixth day and EVERYTHING GOD CREATED and introduces the seventh day which also commemorates ALL THE WORKS GOD CEASED FROM.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

As can be seen, the Creation Sabbath was not given to all mankind as a Law, but to a Chosen Covenant People. Israel. Thats very significant. Adam [And those He represented] was made under a Covenant with God. So Adam in the beginning before the Fall was representing a chosen people. He stood as the Natural federal head of the elect.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

There is a gap between you and me as wide as the gap between your view and my view which are as wide apart as midnight and midday. And in that order.

No! That is not the 'question'; that, is NO 'question'.
    Exodus 20:11 in unmistakable words --- as I explained above but you SHUT your eyes and heart to --- emphatically DECLARES: "THEREFORE-ON-THE-BASIS GOD RESTED, REMEMBER THE SABBATH, THEREFORE-ON-THE-BASIS GOD RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY HE BLESSED THE SABBATH AND HALLOWED IT."

The 'question' therefore is NEVER, ""from WHAT did God rest"?", but WHEREIN, did God "REST"?

And the answer is: God rested, in _HIS WORKS_!!!

Nothing than God's "OWN WORKS" could give God, "God's Rest" : "HE - Jesus - AS GOD HAVING ENTERED INTO _HIS OWN_ REST", Hebrews 4:10.

WRITE IT IN GOLDEN CAPITAL LETTERS ACROSS THE HEAVENS!

"Because THEREFORE ('ARA' = 'EL-KEHN') there remains valid for the People of God keeping of His Sabbath Day." Hebrews 4:9.

#28 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 29, 2011
  9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Very keen observation!

Mark there, in chapter 3, how that Jesus Christ already featured as "the Second Adam" and was 'representing a chosen people' of whom _He_, "STOOD", as the Federal Head of the elect "AS A LAMB SLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD"!!!

The Light is beginning to break through, I see; and am glad!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where was that? It is in Genesis 1:31-2:1 which forms the closure of the sixth day and EVERYTHING GOD CREATED and introduces the seventh day which also commemorates ALL THE WORKS GOD CEASED FROM.[/QUOTE]

GE:

Ja wel… eish! I plead not guilty, your honour.

WHO, “quote” “Genesis 1:31 by leaving out the words "everything"”? I did not once quote Genesis 1:31. I every time, quoted you, Dr Walter, where quoting Genesis 1:31. And here above, you do not quote me at all, but YOURSELF, and then rant against me, poor GE. So how am I supposed to defend myself?

Well, life isn’t fair, is it?

I stand by what I said; by everything I said, vers en kapittel. And it simply is,
    YOU misquote the Scriptures. As you do it right here, AGAIN:

“…I simply state that the seventh day institution of the Sabbath is the consequence of those words spoken at the end of the sixth day in verse 31”;

And again:

Genesis 1:31-2:1 which forms the closure of the sixth day and EVERYTHING GOD CREATED” blurred with emphasis on words not those that do the misleading.

Anyone can see you actually mean to say, “Genesis 1:31-2:1 which forms the closure of the sixth day _AND_ everything God CREATED”. But the truth – to repeat what I have explained above – is, that Genesis 1:31-2:1 forms the closure of the sixth day AND creation-WEEK; _NOT_ of the things God _CREATED_.

After that God had finished his very last creation which is recorded in Genesis 1, Eve and Adam still went on, on that same Sixth Day-of creation-week, to do all that they did which is recorded in Genesis chapter 2 which included that they sinned and fell— from the Grace in which they were created by God according to chapter one.

And then after it, in chapter 3, it goes on to tell what God did in return, to redeem things again back to normal and atonement, reconciliation and "REST" --- God's WORK on, and OF, "The Seventh Day Rest-Day". Although ‘normality’ returned only by faith, with the view to Christ who would still come in the flesh of mortal man.

And this is the gist of the ‘question’ which you deny and I believe. “Simply”.

#30 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 29, 2011
  11. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Gen. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

He did not rest "in" his work but "from" his work - all his creation work contained WITHIN THAT SIX DAY PERIOD.'

He rested "FROM" his works and that is the Biblical analogy the writer of Hebrews uses in Hebrews 4:3-4 to demonstrate that the only way we can enter into "his rest" is to rest FROM all our works (see. Rom. 4:5-6; Tit. 2:3; Eph. 2:8-10).

This is precisely why the same writer of hebrews tells us that the intitial aspect of gospel conversion is "repentance FROM dead WORKS" - Heb. 6:1

This is precisely why the giving of the fourth commandment is to "remember" both creation (Exodus 20:8,11) and redemption (Deut. 5:15) as they are both works of God that completely deny any works of man (Eph. 2:10a; Tit. 3:5).

This is precisely how we enter into "his rest" by faith in the gospel (Heb. 4:2-3) by ceasing from our own works and RESTING in his FINISHED - COMPREHENSIVE - SINLESS works that characterize both creation and redemption - both in the types (passover lamb vs actual lamb of God).

You simply do not understand the fundementals of the Sabbath meaning that is conveyed by God in Genesis, Exodus, Deuternonomy or in Hebrews. We enter into "his rest" by ceasing from all our works because the Sabbath typifies a rest FROM ALL WORKS and yet at the same time rest based UPON HIS FINISHED work of redemption.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Again…
    “From” what did God rest? …“From”, meaning firstly, apart from / besides / away from, or, meaning firstly, on the grounds of, from the premise that…, from the a priori …, on the basis of? Quite a difference!

So, God indeed “rested”, “from” his six days of creating, apart from it, besides it. No problem!

And for the very fact of it, God did NOT “rest from” the six days and his works on the six days-of creation-week on the basis or grounds of those six days or on the basis or grounds of his works on them.

Because it is written:

“BECAUSE GOD ON THE GROUNDS OF HE THE SEVENTH DAY RESTED, blessed the Seventh Day and sanctified it BECAUSE THAT on it God : set apart from all his work which He had made, had _RESTED_.”

Should one now say, “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them”? Thus, like Dr Walter avers?

No! because “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them” is 2:1 closely connected with 1:31, “Then God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, very good that which He had made! And the morning and the evening were the Sixth Day”-of-the creation-week.

Yes, “Genesis 1:31 … forms the closure of the sixth day”. But NOT “Genesis 1:31-2:1”!

And “Genesis 1:31” does NOT “form the closure of … EVERYTHING GOD CREATED”. But chapter 2:1, “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.”

And chapter 2:1, “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them”, “forms the closure…” NOT “…of the sixth day”, but “of … EVERYTHING GOD CREATED”.

God created orderly; don’t confuse the orderliness of his creation or of his Word about his creation. Confusion is the right hand of deceit; but it is a lame right hand against the order in God’s design and execution.

I may take the opportunity to say, that while I also believe chapter 2:1, “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them”, “forms the closure…of … EVERYTHING GOD CREATED”, it primarily may be understood for the INTRODUCTION to the summary of chapter 1 found in chapter 2.

Put a colon after the text, “THUS, the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them : “On the Seventh Day God ended …”.

Not that it makes any difference to any argument between us.

But this, no doubt makes all the difference to the arguments used to and fro between us,

1) “BECAUSE ON THE GROUNDS THEREFORE THAT _GOD_ THE SEVENTH DAY RESTED … remember ye, the Sabbath Day to keep it holyExodus 20:11,8;

2) “BECAUSE ON THE GROUNDS THEREFORE THAT GOD THE SEVENTH DAY _RESTED_, He blessed the Seventh Day and sanctified itExodus 20:11b Genesis 2:3b;

3) “BECAUSE GOD ON THE GROUNDS THEREFORE THAT HE THE SEVENTH DAY RESTED” is the reason, the basis, the grounds, the a priori of “He (God) had _RESTED_ from all his works which God created and made”. Genesis 2:2 Hebrews 4:4.

4) “BECAUSE ON THE GROUNDS GOD THE SEVENTH DAY RESTED” is “the reason”, “the basis”, “the grounds”, “the a priori” of ALL, THAT IS “the Seventh Day and Sabbath OF THE LORD your GOD.” Exodus 20:10a.

#32 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 29, 2011
  13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Yes, Dr Walter; and all this is summed up in a word: If we have entered into Jesus Christ through faith; "IF JESUS HAD GIVEN THEM REST"; IF "WE ARE CONVINCED OF BETTER THINGS ABOUT YOU, OF THINGS THAT ACCOMPANY SALVATION".

It - the Sabbath or Sabbath's Rest or Sabbath Day, is NOT ABOUT THE WORKS OF MAN BUT ABOUT THE WORKS OF GOD is all I say, God's PRIME WORK having been God's REST in Jesus Christ and through HIM, executed and finished and given glory and given SUBSTANCE even the substance everything God had made, has.

"ALL OUR WORKS" is nothing! God's REST is everything, even the "GROUNDS AND SUBSTANCE / BASIS WHERE _ON_" and "WHEREFORE" --- it is written --- God "made the Sabbath" and "the Son of Man is Lord EVEN of the Sabbath Day". God's REST; not man's works OR EVEN GOD'S OWN WORKS OF THE FIRST SIX DAYS OF CREATION-WEEK!
    BUT GOD'S WORK OF HIS REST AND REST OF HIS WORK ON AND OF THE SABBATH AND SEVENTH DAY-OF THE CREATION-WEEK!

#33 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 29, 2011
  14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

All your nitpicking over the word "from" is missing the point. The argument of the writer of Hebrews is that we enter into spiritual rest with God - His rest - by ceasing FROM our own works as God ceased FROM His works that occupied him in the past six days.

The rest we enter into is a rest based upon God's finished work as in the original creation wherein humanity was in a sinless condition and at harmony with God and all creation. This is precisely why the fourth commandment is to be remembered in regard to God's creation and God's redemption (Ex. 20:8,11; Deut. 5:15).

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Adam the First stood initially as the Federal Head of the Elect in their natural lives 1 Cor 15:49

49And as we[The Elect] have borne the image of the earthy, we [The Chosen] shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Remember God created them one, in order to produce Godly Seed, that is the Elect of God. Mal 2:15

And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is characteristic of failed attempts at refuting sound doctrine, that the looser always without exception turns to and returns with a holier than thou onslaught; some only more cunning and others more knavish; but ALL on the same theme.

I know I shall NEVER encounter an honest looser among the better-than-me Christians, NEVER! How can I, they are so much BETTER than me! They rest every day; they keep Sabbath every day, they worship the Lord every day and above all love their neighbour as themselves … and God above themselves … I must hear. AND ON TOP ALSO on Sundays— on their “EIGHTH DAY”— they all these things also do to score one whole Holy Day on me the ‘seven-never-the-week-day’, wreck! While I of course ‘Saturday-worshipper’, is a cult and a denier of Christ and a loveless legalist to sum it up with. Ja, a loveless and hateful “Saturday-worshipper” to expose the whole truth.
    O, how my soul hateth and despiseth the hypocrite!
    This was a review on current affairs in Christianity.
    Are you a Christian?
    Do you want to be a Christian?
    Do YOU want a dinosaur for Sunday?!
    Don’t take a lucky dip!
    You cannot win the quiz.
    Forbid you find the code,
    blood-sworn Harvard
    zibeline, or cap.
    You’re out!

#36 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

My "nitpicking" the FACT you CANNOT because you ARE unable to refute the SCRIPTURES --- GOD --- let write WORD as clear as Christ Jesus is the LIGHT that is "FROM" and "BASED ON GROUNDS" God's WORD "HE RESTED".

I find it most adorable and a great great pleasure to my sense.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

And my argument is that the argument of the writer of Hebrews in 4:8-10 is: That, quote:

“Because Jesus had given them REST …
    (‘gar autos ’Iehsous katepausen’)

[“… rested them into THAT-OF-HIM-OF-GOD-REST …
    (‘eis ekeinehn tehn katapausin’)

“… the Rest of HIM which HE RESTED …
    (‘katapausis AUTOU kai AUTOS katepausen’) v11],

“THAT ON THE BASIS THEREFORE…
    (‘ara’ = ‘el kehn’)

“… a cultural-ism of the Sabbath-DAY …
    (‘sabbati-s-mos’ of “The Seventh-Day-Sabbath-of-the-LORD”)

“… remains obligatory …
    (‘apoleipetai’)

“… for the People of God …
    (‘tohi Laohi tou Theou’)

“… because / on the grounds He (Jesus) having entered …
    (‘HO-GAR-eiselth-OHN’)

“… into HIS-OWN-REST …
    (‘eis tehn katapausin autou')

“… as indeed GOD, from his own works-resting ...
    (‘hohsper apo tohn idi-ohn, ho Theos’)

"... we LABOUR TO enter into"
    ... '_spiritual_', 'rest', with God IN CHRIST,
    ...in Jesus Christ, God’s “Rest”—
    NOT our work of ceasing from our own work!—
    but, God’s “Rest” “as God from His own works”,
    _IN CHRIST_, “RESTED, THE SEVENTH DAY”—
    “The Seventh Day-Sabbath-_DAY_”, and
    <<CULTURAL-ism-of-the-Sabbath-DAY>>,
    “… which GOD, THUS, CONCERNING, SPAKE.” 4:9 and
    “which for the People of God remains to be kept …
    … and cultured, an -ISM”!

Where did you fetch YOUR, “…works that occupied him in the past six days” from? From your own skull, that’s wherefrom.

#38 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 30, 2011
  19. Streetsweeper

Streetsweeper New Member

When defeat seems certain the only recourse is to declare victory.

20. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

There is no defeat here at all. Adam was not the head of the elect but the head of the human race - see Romans 5:12-18. Christ alone is the head of the elect (Rom. 5:15-18).

Gerard's arguments are based upon pure nonsense. He has an appearance of scholarship but when it is all boiled down it is only appearance and empty of truth.

He has to change not only the text of scripture to fit his nonsense but the obvious context. Anyone seeking the truth can see easily see that in Genesis 1:31-2:3 that "from his works" means that he ceased from doing the activities that he was formerly occupied with in the past six days - that is simple common sense.

Likewise, the point of the writer of hebrews is just as simple. God stopped working in regard to what He formerly was doing in those six days. The application is simple, in order for a person to be saved they must "pauo" CEASE from all works and simply trust in the gospel (Heb. 4:1-4) as it is "BY FAITH" in the gospel that we enter into "his rest." His rest is not merely the ceremonial observance of an actual sabbath day but more importantly, it is what that ceremonial observance typifies - the rest pictured in the first creation - a creation without sin in perfect harmony with God. By faith we are justified and have PEACE with God and thus enter into SPIRITUAL REST. However, that is not the COMPLETE fulfillment of entering into "his rest"! No, the complete fulfilment is when we enter not merely SPIRITUALLY by faith in the gospel as hebrew 4:2-3 explicitly states but when we enter into the NEW CREATION yet to come (Heb. 4:11) Spirit, soul and body when again God can look upon all that he has created and made and again say "it is very good" - that is the promised rest which is YET TO COME. However, Gerard cannot see the truth for the bias that blinds his eyes.

This is so straight forward and simple one must trip over it to miss it. Gerards ignorance is his attempt to APPEAR scholarly when in fact his scholarship is pure ignorance.

#40 Dr. Walter, May 30, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.