1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Second Bible!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by TCGreek, Jul 19, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Rippon and to everyone else, I've made the NLTse my second Bible, second only to my TNIV.

I think it's a great accomplishment in Bible translations.

Going into August it is ranked #2 for unit sales and #3 for dollar sales by CBA.

I use a hardcover copy. :thumbs:

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi TCG. I have to confess that I use the NLTse the most ( primarily because I'm going through its one year Bible). I find myself reading it a lot ( and giving away copies too). The HCSB has been put on my back-burner for the past year actually. I still regard TNIV as the best all-round English Bible translation. It's more form-driven than the NLTse and yet is able to maintain enough of a balance that I appreciate it. This is supposed to be the month that Dr.Moo and others were to have devoted some time to further update it. I ( as a layman,)personally gave over 700 suggestions for the New Testament.Others gave a lot of recommendations for both the Old Testament and the New.We will finally see ( next year presumably)what was accepted and what was not.

I contacted the folks at Tyndale and asked for a free copy of the NLTse Study Bible.I'm not sure if I'll get one since I live way out in South Korea.Regardless, it's a fine translation in today's language. It deserves a place in every English-speaking home -- whether Christian or not. After reading with clarity the Holy Writ in this translation I pray the Holy Spirit will turn many to Christ.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, I hope I can get a free copy of the NLT SB.

5. queenbee

queenbee Member

Originally Posted by Rippon.....have to confess that I use the NLTse the most ( primarily because I'm going through its one year Bible). I find myself reading it a lot ( and giving away copies too). The HCSB has been put on my back-burner for the past year actually.......

I haven't been able to get into the HCSB. Yes, it has some good spots, but I'm not crazy about it.

Have to agree - there's just something about HCSB that doesn't fit my skin, which is too bad, as it was my initial choice, but as mentioned in earlier post, am really enjoying both NLTse and ISV. Will be nice to hear your comments Rippon on ISV, when you've compared. What I've been reading on ISV website suggest glowing reviews for readability and accuracy.