My Spin on this subject

Discussion in 'Bible Versions/Translations' started by pops, Oct 1, 2007.

1. pops

pops
    Expand Collapse

I have read a lot of the posts about various translations so I Googled the topic and think the below link is a good place to go for comparisons of various translations because it gives a lot of information about each one it lists whereas other links only list a few and other just give names but not much else.
    http://www.allbibles.com/brands.asp
    I think a keyword to look for is 'literal' - 'word for word'.
    I obviously have not read them all and can only make a reference based on my personal knowledge. My versions are KJV (several different editions) , NKJV (three different versions) and NASB. If you were to come to me and say my version is better because... I would say OK Fine! but if it is all the same to you I will stick to what I have.
    I have seen some people called the JW book a bible this is probably the only publication I would NEVER NEVER have in my house. The JW's are just a CULT and that it that .
    One thing that concerns me is with all our studying and classes and retreats and seminars and when will we find time to witness?

2. tjfkbrawny

tjfkbrawny
    Expand Collapse

If I were the devil, and some people think I am, I would get all the Christians fightnig about Bible versions among themselves so they did not care about their neighbors and I'd laugh all the way to the bank.