1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Supposed Hatred for Baptists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 23, 2010.

1. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

I do not consider her to have been a Christian, but I am not her judge. God alone is her Judge.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

How then do you explain her "love" for fellow human beings that you would have to admit far excelled yours for fellow human beings? Have you even come close to sacrificing your life for the poor and outcast as she did??? Did not she claim to be of God? Did not she visit the sick, the poor, the outcast, the jailed, the homeless?

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me

Therefore, must you not admit that she fits all the PRACTICAL CHARACTERISTICS of the very "love" you claim dominates doctrine????

If that is the case, then a person can be sprinkled as a baby, devoutly worship Mary as her redemptrix, teach other devout followers in non-Christian religions that the god they worship is fine and we will all be in heaven as long as they MANIFEST THIS KIND OF LOVE she manifested?????

3. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

As I said, God is her Judge, not me. I do not know if she was a repentant, believing, baptized disciple of Christ. I respect some of the good work she did in India.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes, but you also said that you did not believe she was a Christian too! What was your basis for making that personal observation???

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

There are many non-fundies who would fit this description. In fact, many evangelicals would describe fundamentalists as being more concerned with appearances, repressive and behavior-oriented.

6. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

amen. people do not realize that we MUST worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

i just listened to a sermon and the preacher explained how 'loving Christ' is being obedient to Christ and the commands of Christ.

we cannot love God or worship God by using our own methods. when we fabricate our own rituals, religion, etc to worship God and He has not ordained it in Scripture, it is showing hatred for the God of the Bible, the true and living God and shows love for false gods. Catholics miss this 100%. they think they can do whatever feels good to them in their worship or whatever the church tells them to do instead of listening to God Himself.

its all outlined in the Bible but God's sheep will never reject Scripture for some other teachings, whether from the pope, false teachers, Hinn, Osteen, or whoever...

Jesus' sheep follow Him and will not follow a stranger. they obey Him, not a church, pope, magesterium, false teacher or anyone...

you cannot serve two masters. you cannot follow error and God. what concord does Christ hath with Belial? light with darkness?