1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My testimony glorifies the Lord God Almighty!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, I am not going to refer to post #9. If you do not want to be questioned deeper about your beliefs, then why post it? Do you know what a debate group does? You need to answer questions given to you.

2. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

You mean I need to repeat the same answers I gave to DHK?
    Lady, please get a grip on yourself.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Maybe you are the lady who needs to get a grip on herself.

It is no importance to me what or who you think I am, and what you think I need to do. I am not the debate topic. Your OP is the debate topic. You have said, “And I ravenously began studying the word, etc. and the Holy Spirit began teaching me.” Maybe you should study about what being born again is and how people are saved so you can answer questions. The Bible says to be prepared to give an answer…you have failed miserably.

4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Heard the verse about "the workers are few"?
    Flying along dangerous mountain roads with no guard rails at breakneck speeds
    allowed us to get to 8 villages per day average instead of 5.
    Being protected from police tickets, being dragged off to police stations to stand before judges, etc.
    was one of the Lord's ways of indicating that we were doing His work for Him.

There is much that I couldn't include in the testimony due to space limitations.

Head's Up ... The Holy Spirit should be able to get through to you that my testimony is true!

Question ... You sin every day. Are you facing the consequences?

#24 evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You broke the law, and then you act as if God was with you more than He was with Paul, Paul who spent much time in prison.

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Okay, I submit ... I'll join with everyone else here in telling you to get lost.
    You, and el Biblicist, I mean. Enough is enough.
    I'd say you're going to have to go to another forum and try your luck there!
    Good Luck.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Head's up...you have been exposed for falseness. You wanted us to believe God protected you from police tickets, being dragged off to police stations to stand before a judge, etc., and that was one of the Lord's ways of indicating that you were doing His work for Him. Do you know how many times Paul was beat, arrested, and ship wrecked? With your "testimony" you have accused Paul of not being one God indicted as doing His work.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

God told you to break the traffic law so you could talk to more people? God is hard up for recruits? I thought God drafted his people. God doesn't ask for volunteers. Satan does.

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

All of this ranting and raving about people being slain in the spirit has jogged my memory going back about 25 years.

My wife and I and her sister and oldest son were attending a church service.
    We were in an auditorium with wooden seats that had folding seatbacks.
    The evangelist directed one section at a time to stand up.
    He waved his hand across our section, from his left to his right.
    And one by one the people in our row, from our right to left, fell back into their seats.
    Can't remember much about the other rows!

All I know is ... I felt a very gentle push, which caused me to fall backwards into my seat.
    Hey, no big deal to us ... it's all part of believing in the power of Almighty God.
    Since he was a Christian minister of the gospel, I have to assume it was the Holy Spirit or an angel who did this.

If anyone would like to put God in a box, and tell Him that He's not allowed to do something that's not in His Bible,
    hey, boys and girls, go right ahead!

See Biblical background ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slain_in_the_Spirit
    Scriptures ... http://www.bible-knowledge.com/slain-in-the-spirit/

#29 evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012
  10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do you also believe in laughing in the spirit too? Do you believe in being drunk in the spirit and making animal noises?

11. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

By what authority can you sit in judgement upon the spiritual state of another person? I asked you a very simple question and you react as it is beneath you to answer it. I would never be offended if anyone asked me that question and be always ready to give an answer.

The Bible explicitly commands us to "prove all things" as well as "try the spirits" and yet you act as though you are above being subject to those Biblical tests.

Again, what makes you think you are a saved person?

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You say "after" my salvation experience but you never describe your salvation experience. Would you please describe it? The OP is about your "testimony" is it not?

#32 The Biblicist, Jun 3, 2012
  13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Do you believe 1 Cor. 2:14 correctly describes the lost person and denies that a lost person has spiritual discernment?

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You admit that you were a lost person and yet you claim exactly what Paul says a lost person is incapable of discerning?

You said, "I knew for sure" that this had to be God. Since you admittedly did not have the Spirit of God and Paul says the lost man cannot receive "the things of the Spirit" or "CAN KNOW THEM" because they are "spiritually discerned" then what is the basis other than your FEELINGS that you could know that voice was of God?

You provide absolutely no salvation testimony but expect everyone on this forum simply to blindly believe something you never provide for comparison with the Scriptures.

I have refrained from making any incindory remarks or accusations and I have asked pertinent questions to what you claim to be your "testimony."

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I mistakenly quoted Moriah. This is directed to Evangelist-7

Would it be correct to assume that you believe that no one can be saved apart from or without manifest signs and miracles attending the preaching of the gospel?

#34 The Biblicist, Jun 3, 2012
  15. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad day for guys posting with an evangelist name.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't ask you?? Why not? What do you have to hide? A lack of knowledge of the Bible perhaps. You have demonstrated at least that much.

It is true that when a person is born again the Holy Spirit enters that person. I believe God gives every person that opportunity (contrary to the opinion of others), and thus you have had that opportunity. So, yes, I am asking you. You have heard the plan of salvation. You can find it posted on this board. Have you been born again? Do you know for sure? If so when?
    Was it salvation or simple reformation? How can you know for sure? What is the difference? How do you know that you are saved?
    I know of a Muslim that memorized word for word the entire NT. But he is still a NT. Did you study the word that "ravenously"? How do you know that the "spirit" that taught you was the "Holy Spirit" seeing that your beliefs don't line up with the Word of God? Could it be that you were deceived by another spirit?

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    The Bible doesn't teach of "subsequence." That is there is no baptism of the Holy Spirit after salvation. At salvation a person becomes indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and that is all. Later as a person yields himself completely in obedience to the Scripture to the Lord Jesus Christ he may become filled with the Spirit, but that is not necessarily an emotional experience.

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

But all of that is a secondary issue.
    How do you know if you are born again.
    Are you sure that you are saved? How can you be sure?

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am in no position or condition to try to judge the genuineness or lack thereof, of someone's experiences.

I can, however, briefly relate mine. I attended a Charismatic church for several months and found many good, faithful Christians there. However, I saw some things that I know were not of God. I also saw some very specific harmful teachings and practices.

One must be discerning.

18. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I can't believe that you are actually claiming that God would have you sin, and protect you from the consequences of your sin, in order to do good.

Every sin has a consequence. Some are more harsh than others. Sometimes the consequence is delayed. Sometimes it is immediate. Sometime in public, sometimes in private.

Sometimes, when it comes to stupidity (such as flying around dangerous mountain roads with no guardrails at breakneak speed) God will give us a grace period so that we can see what the possible consequences could be. You are lucky that you didn't reap the consequences of loss of life.

Also, my question then would be, how much could you actually do in 8 villages a day? Even if you slept only 8 hours a day and worked the rest of the 16, and somehow instantly teleported from village to village, that's only 2 hours per village. That doesn't seem to be enough time to even begin to make a change.

I don't know you. I won't claim to judge your motives. Your intentions and your thoughts might be the purest, and most sincere. But you really need to check your Bible. There is a lot in your testimony that is telling.

19. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Please see my signature in black. ... I wonder if you have any idea what I'm talking about.

First of all, we're talking about 1200+ villages ... 9 trips over a 15-year period.
    A lot of the villages are quite close together ... maybe an average of 10-15 minutes apart.

My specific calling:
    #1 priority ... go to the small villages that were difficult to get to.
    Leave many gospel materials with as many people as we could find in one hour (average).
    Many people who were too busy in the summer months to read said they would have all winter to do so.

Materials:
    Gospel tracts (3 different ones per person on average)
    ... the best ones are 50 pages full of Scripture verses (there were 3 different ones).
    NT (with Psalms) -- only to those whom God "showed" me should receive one!
    (This'll be good for 30 negative posts ... Whoopie! Just can't wait).
    Bible -- 1 per village average.
    "Jesus" videos and DVDs -- 1-2 per village average -- only to those whom God "showed" me should receive one!
    "Jesus" posters (very large) -- 1 per village average.
    Other materials as available.

I'm sure you've read somewhere that God's people receive lots of persecution!
    Gee, I wish we had an icon with a guy's hand waving.

20. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, Michael, you've got it right!

I'm under no obligation to prove my salvation to anyone.

The churches are a big mess, which is a direct result of Satan and man.
    See, it's two against One ...
    Will man listen to Satan and/or his own flesh ... OR ... will man listen to the still small voice?

And, of course, we've said for years ... Don't look to man, look to God.
    Translation: Don't focus on what man is saying/doing, focus on what God is saying/doing.
    God will NOT override man's free will ... if man wants to be an idiot, God allows it, right?

NONE OF WHAT MAN SAYS/DOES DISCOUNTS GOD's SPIRITUAL TRUTHS.
    Shallow immature Christians don't understand this.

#40 evangelist-7, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012