1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My testimony glorifies the Lord God Almighty!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No one has asked you to "prove" your salvation! We have asked you only to provide your "testimony" of how you were saved. This OP is supposedly about your "testimony" is it not?

If anyone asked for my testimony of how I was saved, I would not hesitate to share it as that is one very good way to share the truth of the gospel because all true testimonies of salvation will harmonize with the gospel of salvation. Why are you hesitant to share what all true believers are more than happy to share with others?

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Show me from scripture that says God has a still small voice in man’s head. If you do not show me that, then it is your/man’s word and not God’s.

3. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Further to my testimony of receiving the baptism with the Holy Spirit ...

The beginning of the baptism with the Holy Spirit

John the Baptist said Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit
    He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” (Matthew 3:11).
    The other gospels say the same (Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33).

Jesus instructed His disciples to wait for God's promise of spiritual power
    ”… Behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem
    until you are endued with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49)

Luke gives more details about Jesus' instructions
    “… He commanded them … to wait for the promise of the Father
    … you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.
    … you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;
    and you shall be witnesses to Me … to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:4-8)

Then, approximately 120 people received what was promised above
    “When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
    And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty rushing wind, and it filled
    the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire,
    and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
    and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” (Acts 2:1-4)

The baptism with the Holy Spirit (accompanied by speaking in tongues) results in spiritual power!
    When one receives this baptism, the Holy Spirit always comes upon people (7 references).
    When one is born again, the Holy Spirit always comes inside people (also 7 references).

For further study
    “the promise” of this baptism is also the “gift” mentioned in Acts 2:37-39, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 11:15-17.
    Note: Acts 10:47-48 refers to receiving water baptism after receiving the Holy Spirit baptism.
    Note: Acts 11:18 says since the Gentiles received this baptism, they must be saved.

Conclusion
    How can people insist that this baptism is the born-again salvation experience?
    This baptism is connected with tongues, and the spiritual “power” is the 9 spiritual gifts of 1 Corinthians 12.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is nothing that you have said here that would convince anyone here that you are either born again or saved.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Nothing you have said proves that the baptism in the Spirit is an individual experience.

Moreover, the United Pentecostal Church which denies the Trinity, the charismatic Roman Catholic who is a Mariolator, and the Word of faith movement which claims they are little "Christs" all would share the same testimony you share and none of them are saved people if their salvation testimony is compared to the scriptural essentials to be a saved person.

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

You boys are a-gonna have to come to grips with the fact that millions upon millions of people worldwide
    have had this experience of the baptism with the Holy Spirit (as a second work of grace beyond salvation).

These millions upon millions worldwide would explain all of this ... if you had the guts to ask them about it.

It's the gospel accompanied by (and confirmed by) this spiritual power which are getting people saved worldwide.

The baptism with the Holy Spirit is a special ANOINTING of spiritual power (which Satan delights in mimicking).
    If you knew anything about Satan, you would understand that he attacks God's anointed with incredible hatred.
    And I'm not talkin' about you boys ... you're spared from that. Have a nice day!

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you had anything that was from God at all, then you would be able to explain what it was. What does it mean to be born again, to be saved, to have your sins forgiven?

If you were to die of heart attack today, and stand before God, and he were to ask you: "Why should I let you into my heaven"? what answer would you give God Almighty?

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

We understand you are sold out to this experience. However, how can anyone that believes the scriptures and particularly how the scriptures characterize the Holy Spirit as the "Spirit of truth" and that the Spirit of God is not "the author of confusion" possibly believe the mass of confusion all characterized by that experience can be of the Spirit of God???

1. The United Pentecostal Church (UPC) one of the largest representives of this experience denies the very nature of God rejects the basics of salvation by grace.

2. The Word of Faith movement teaches polytheism and believes they can claim authority not only over Satan but over God by manipulating Him through words.

3. The Roman Catholic Charismatic movement can worship Mary, believe in the Roman Catholic doctrine of Mass and speak in tongues.

4. There are more DIVISIONS in the Pentecostal/charismatic movement than any other group in the world.

What Bible Believer wants to take part in an experience of utter chaos, division, riddled by the most extreme false doctrines and yet all claim the Holy Spirit as the author of that one common bonding experience???????

What a Bible believer must do to embrace that movement is to discard the Bible as God's Word along with common sense and any spiritual discernment.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I must say it is rather troubling that the OP won't tell us about his salvation experience but focuses on his "baptism in the Holy Spirit".

10. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

4 more responses from a non-pentecostal forum ...

Impressive!

Thanks for sharing John...

God's powers are incredible and when I hear these testimonies it just shows His amazing power over all situations and everybody. Thank you for sharing these testimonies with us here. God uses many people for His grand purposes and
    it seems He chose you for these as well. It's terrific to be used by God.

John, you exemplify by your faith, Mark 16:17-18!
    These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak
    in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And your point?
    The demons testified of Jesus and of Paul as well!

Acts 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
    Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is the "baptism in the Holy Spirit: as you see it, and were tongues THE sign that you had 'gotten it?"

Andwhat happens to those that"get it". do they than have power to do healings and miracles etc like in the book of Acts?

And you said the Lord spoke to you 10 years before getting saved...

Did He ask you to get saved any time during those conservations?

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Welcome! ... I have found you to be open in the past, which is refreshing ... like a cool breeze.

For Jesus' baptism, please see ... http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=79127

For me, hearing the loud angelic choir (with instruments) was a more powerful confirmation
    than when my pastor said I spoke a few words in tongues.

Yes, people who get it are also given one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts in 1 Corinthians 12.
    Even faith is one ... because the gift of faith is much more than just simple saving faith.

No, all the Lord said at that time was what I reported in my testimony.

Good luck, and may God bless!

#53 evangelist-7, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You heard from the Lord and you were not yet saved?

you said that He NEVER asked you to get saved, that it was another 10 years later?

Why do you think God would do that IF Now is the acceptable time to be saved?

15. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, have you not heard of people being "called" by God?
    Many people have had this experience, beginning with Abram.

Perhaps He was making the first move with me ... seeing if I would respond and seek Him.
    Which I did not do.

Anyway, I could not have been used the way He used me ... 15 years BEFORE the Berlin Wall was pulled down.
    Bulgaria was communist enough ... AFTER it was no longer officially communist.

"Now is the acceptable time to be saved" ... IF you want to be saved.
    OR, if you prefer ...
    "Now is the acceptable time to be saved" ... IF God decides to elect you at that time.

News Flash! ...
    Not everyone alive on day 1,904,741 gets called or saved on that day.
    Gee, what would we all do on day 1,904,742?

16. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yeshua, what do you make of this passage?

“… when they (Peter & John) had come down,
    (they) prayed for them* that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
    For as yet He (the Holy Spirit) had fallen upon none of them*.
    They* had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Then they laid hands on them*, and they received the Holy Spirit.
    And when Simon saw that through the laying on of hands the Holy Spirit was given,
    he offered them money, saying, ‘Give me this power also,
    that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.’ ”
    (Acts 8:14-19) ... *
    the Samarians

Do you think the Samarians were water baptized before they were born again?
    Everyone knew that didn't make any sense.

All of the underlined phrases are referring to what happened on the Day of Pentecost
    when the Holy Spirit fell UPON them, everyone spoke in tongues, etc.

This "power" had nothing to do with salvation ...
    it was about the Holy Spirit anointing ... the power necessary to evangelize the world.

#56 evangelist-7, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Could you tell us when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and were born again, and how that came about?

18. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I most definitely could easily do this, of course.
    Also, I could make up any story at all and present it to you.
    But, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Truth of what I'm presenting.

If the Holy Spirit does NOT convince people about the truth of the Holy Spirit baptism,
    then we have 2 possibilities:
    1) He doesn't want them to care about it
    2) they are not open to receive this truth

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Well, I have been involved with Charismatic churches, and I can tell you that there is much counterfeit "Holy Spirit baptism" to be found there. Satan is very good at that.

I find it troubling that you won't come out and say that you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and have thus been born again. Have you or have you not?

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Of course, it has to do with salvation.
    Philip preached the word in Samaria.
    The Samarians believed Philip.
    They then were water baptized.
    They had not yet received the Holy Spirit.
    Peter and John prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
    This is about receiving the Holy Spirit when Jesus saves someone.