1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Testimony Today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jun 16, 2012.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had opportunity a few hours ago to witness to a teenager that will be a Junior in High School next year. She admitted to being a lesbian.

We discussed religion verse Christianity which gave opportunity to reflect on the difference; I took her down the Roman Road and explained via the Scriptures in Romans about homosexuality and the why it is.

After all of this discussion I popped the question and she looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I don't think I want to do that 180 (repent) that you speak of".

Sad. So sad... :tear:

...and she got up and left.

Really sad. Those of you that will..., lift her up to the Lord.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yes, pray that the conviction of the Holy Spirit will make her miserable.

And thank you HAMel, for being willing to give a reason for the hope that is in you.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't Feel Bad.....

.....that is the same, exact response my daughter continues to give me. And I need to note that my entire family, who likes to think of themselves as "Christians," tell her that I am just hard line, and to ignore me. They see nothing wrong with her choice of lifestyle, and think I need to accept her as is, and love her, regardless. Well, I love her, but because I won't accept her sinful lifestyle, she has chosen to remain estranged.

So, I agree, sad....very sad indeed!

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is really sad is when this 15 year old said, "I don't think I want to..." I believe her fate is sealed! The Lord can change her but short of His intervention all words of encouragement is wasted.

I think back to when I was 15. Most kids back then we were doing a lot of looking but not specifically engaging. If she considers herself into this life style I wonder when was the first encounter. At 14? 13? 12? When was this child's innocence stolen from her?

rd2, I had a cousin the way of a homosexual. In 1962 as a young man he flew into Baltimore and standing outside the terminal was hit and killed by a car.

The burden of sin is a terrible thing. It's like a gravity that pulls and tugs on us every day. Praise the Lord for Jesus.