1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My thoughts on salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mets65, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You actually do not see. Instead you want to "share" your thoughts and "feelings". Anything that does not fit your emotional thoughts on it you become critical of, even though you do not understand the responses given

2. mets65

mets65 New Member

I understand what you're saying. I do feel their are some being hypocritical of me saying I've been critical when those very same people have been critical. Again I'm not a theological scholar. I have my beliefs and I'm. In a better understanding of people's beliefs here. But don't say I'm critical when you yourself have been critical. That last part is in no way directed to EWF.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Israel was made up of believers and unbelievers. "Not all Israel is Israel". I said nothing of any other nation.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not say that...the 12 stones on the breastplate only represented those from among Israel

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think we can agree on this about each other, then.
    Not really. "Sufficient to save every man, woman and child who ever lived" is not hypothetical, nor does the author allude to it being so.
    ...which consisted of believer and unbeliever alike.
    Justice is never served to the offended if a mass murderer only has to pick up trash along the side of the highway. If my son was murdered, the jury found the murderer guilty without a shadow of a doubt, and he was sentenced to rake leaves, the punishment would not fit the crime. Neither does it for man to spend eternity in Hell leaving God eternally unpaid for crimes against Him.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...yet the high priest made the atonement on behalf of the entire nation.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And Jesus is the only Saviour given to this world....just not to each and every person.
    WD....your saying that the children of the flesh....are counted as the seed.
    Can you see this?Those nof theflesh did not have God given faith to be covered by the True atonement {Jesus}

It has to be because we know not everyone is saved.