1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My vote didn't count

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Spinach, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Last week my absentee ballot was returned to me "insufficient address". Upon inspection, I (duh) saw that there was not only insufficient address, there was NO address.

My husband's and my ballots came in the nick of time. The day we got them at the post office, we filled in our vote, signed and dated them, and put them in the pre-addressed envelopes provided. Then we rushed to get them sent back out before the window closed for the weekend. In my haste, I neglected to inspect the pre-addressed envelope that the county provided. I saw my return address and something in the middle about it not requiring postage if sent from the US.

The lady at the post office would not have caught it because she doesn't read/speak English.

I didn't catch it because I was in a hurry and because I'm too trusting----as in if a pre-addressed envelope was provided, surely it would be properly addressed. And, well, duh, that could have been easily fixed had I caught it.

So I emailed the folks in my county. I received a nice email from them, pretty much letting me know that of the thousands of absentee ballots that they handled, mine was the only complaint if its kind---and that if I had caught the mistake right then, my vote would have been counted.

I assume responsibility for my "duh" moment, but I'm a tiny bit upset that there was not an apology given me for their error.

Then I emailed Mom to vent and she responded with a "It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Better luck next time."

Sigh

2. GaryN

GaryN New Member

Mail it to Minnesota. Al Frankin will take it, count it, and say it is his.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Ah................................... a mothers' wisdom when one is desirous of a little sympathy! Oh well, she's right, you know! Sorry bout this one that got away.

(For that matter, I voted 'independant..... for the Constitution Party ticket..... as far as the national press is concerned, mine didn't count either! I almost hope that all the newspapers which aren't locally run nor independant of the big 5 or so media giants DO GO OUT OF BUSINESS because they certainly are not covering ALL the news, and what they do cover is more tabloid or opinion and facts, if any, presented with a slant......that reading them is not as informative as it is a waste of time and frustration.)

Better luck next time, dear sister!

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right! Let them go out of business.

5. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I won't tell Mom what you said, windcatcher. LOL!

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Did you try the suggestion of GaryN? ;)

Ed