1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My wish for ALL of you!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 26, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the cross ...

[​IMG]

To the grave ...

[​IMG]

He did it all for you!

[​IMG]

Happy Easter!

Sunday is the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus from the dead! The simple, yet powerful words, "He is risen" are words that make up the crux of Christianity because if Christ had not conquered death and rose again, our faith would be in vain! And the truth is, for you and I, the resurrection of Jesus is one of the most crucial and important acts of faith upon which the foundation of our faith is built upon! Everything we believe, from forgiveness of our sin to eternal life goes back to the resurrection of Jesus. If He did not rise again, then all of what we believe is an exercise in futility!

Even so, great news, Child of God, we have a risen Savior, and faith is not the only thing upon which we can base our proclamation upon! When you and I see the willingness of the Disciples to face horrifying deaths; deaths that mostly came after much suffering and torture; we should not lose hope or waiver in faith! Remember it was their individual deaths through imprisonment and tortures that further demonstrates their resolve not to disavow the resurrected Jesus.

They spent a lifetime preaching what they saw and believed, and it took them to their death, yet their faith held, and why? Because they not only believed, they saw and believed! And it is what they saw, and lived and died believing that all of us can also look to in maintaining and sustaining a faith that will one day lead us into eternity with the God of Grace and Creation!

Take, for instance, the following facts about the resurrection. Facts that should go a long way in strengthening the foundation upon which your house of faith is built. I came across an excellent study by Henry M. Morris, Ph.D at the following link - http://www.icr.org/ChristResurrection/ - and here is but a small portion of what he writes:

"Not only was the tomb empty, but the disciples actually saw their resurrected Lord, on at least ten separate occasions after He left the tomb. These appearances were probably in the following order:

To Mary Magdalene (John 20:11-18; Mark 16:9)
    To the other women (Matthew 28:8-10)
    To Peter (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5)
    To the two on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35; Mark 16:12)
    To ten of the disciples (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-29)
    To all eleven disciples, eight days later (John 20:24-29)
    To seven disciples by the Sea of Tiberias (John 21:1-23)
    To five hundred followers (1 Corinthians 15:6)
    To James (1 Corinthians 15:7)
    To the eleven, at the ascension (Acts 1:3-12)

There were probably many other times He appeared to one or more of His disciples. Luke says: "He showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days" (Acts 1:3). He was apparently seen by Stephen (Acts 7:56). Finally, of course, He was seen by Paul (Acts 9:38; 1 Corinthians 15:8) and once again by John (Revelation 1:12-18)."

Therefore, Child of God ... let us boldly proclaim. Let us confidently shout this from the roof tops and mountain tops throughout the world. "He is risen!" And never doubt or waiver! Our faith is built upon more than a teaching; it is built upon the integrity of the people who actually witnessed his resurrection and lived and died to tell us all about it!

><> Happy RESURRECTION Day! He has Risen!!! <><

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy belated Easter, RD. :)

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Rolfe .... I pray your day was awesome too! Love and Jesus hugs to you my brother!

• Like Like x 1